Ironman Town Creator

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the Ironman variant.
Domiano
Crimson Mold

Ironman Town Creator

Post by Domiano » Thu 06.12.2012, 04:37

Hi Guys, I made this excel file over a year ago that helps a *lot* in making new/editing old Ironman towns.
Its not quite perfect, but I think it highly simplifies the process for any young creators out there.
To use it, you first need to 'lay out your town'. Open up notepad, or any text editor where every character is the same size, and put in characters as you see fit.
If you look in the 'Codes' tab in the excel file, you will see all of the symbols you can use. It will list the name of what a square is (Permanent wall), the thing you will have to place in your map of characters (an X), and the thing it shows up as in the actual map file your trying to create(3c).
You can also add new symbols to use, but that is slightly complicated. You need to know the code for the map symbol, and you have to make the excel file look for your new symbol.

Once you have created your 'map' in the text editor, paste it into the 'Text sheet'.
Your map file will now be ready inside the 'Dungeon lvl' sheet! You only need to change line two (depth = 1) to the proper dungeon depth you want the lvl on.
Copy all rows in the A column, and paste it into a separate txt file! Name this file properly (eg server-level-20), and it *should* work now.

You can also take any server lvl, copy it, paste it into the "Codes from Map' tab, and it will come out as an easily editable map in the 'Character Map' tab! (Assuming that excel recognizes all of the codes)

You SHOULD be able to grab the editor here: http://www.2shared.com/document/dw2ajy3 ... p-gen.html

I made the Dungeon-town of Gondolin a while ago, not sure if Warrior ever got around to actually getting it into the Ironman towns... here is what it looks like before becoming codes: http://www.2shared.com/document/htb06oeU/gondolin.html

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Ironman Town Creator

Post by Warrior » Fri 01.03.2013, 09:02

This is currently being discussed (as you know). The town will make it.

I think I've grabbed the editor before but if you could also send it to me (you know where) that'd be great.
-- Mangband Project Team Member