[Cheez] 1E Totally Reset, House Lost

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
userjjb
Greedy Little Gnome

[Cheez] 1E Totally Reset, House Lost

Post by userjjb » Fri 26.03.2010, 06:50

Cheddar, 50 Dwarf Priest

Up until last night I was the proud owner of a 187 slot mansion on the east edge of 1E, filled with approximately 140 items. I logged in today only to find that all of 1E has turned into a swamp. My house was gone, and there lay all 140 items in a roughly square patch on the ground, as near as I can tell none were stolen by players/monsters or destroyed in the level re-creation. When I went to buy a new mansion to put them in it said I was at the house limit, presumably the destroyed house still counting towards my limit. I was forced to sell my 2nd house in 1N,1W so I could buy one house big enough for everything. I then joyfully ferried all 140 items from 1E to 2N where my new mansion is.

This explains some odd features of 1E when I first started playing a week or two ago on Cheez; there was money and various junk embedded in the walls of several houses. Presumably sometime in the past the level was regenerated again and items lying in the ground happened to be at the location of some of the walls in the newly generated level. This happened to some of my items as well, thankfully though they ended up in bushes that I was able to cut down to retrieve the item that was on the same square as the bush.

While an annoyance, I realize this is to be expected on a server with code in development etc. It would be nice to get back the 11.6 million I spent on the lost house and my bogus house slot freed up so I can actually have two houses. Also clearly this should be something to be looked into. I wouldn't fancy my hard earned loot going poof.

Thanks!
-Josh

kyledj
Mean-Looking Mercenary

Re: [Cheez] 1E Totally Reset, House Lost

Post by kyledj » Sat 27.03.2010, 02:32

Sorry to hear that Cheddar. The server was recently reset, so that is probably when it happened. Honestly, I have not looked at the code for wilderness houses at all, so it may be a little while before that issue is fixed; however, I will try to at least get your house limit fixed soon.