[BMA] Poll 2: Wilderness and Town

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Poll 2: Wilderness and Town

Post by Berendol » Wed 04.06.2003, 14:17

What are your thoughts on this? I want to make the wild and towns a little more special. Here are my possible options:<br><br>1) Leave as-is<br>2) Fractal terrain; normal style towns and dungeons with fractal paths connecting them through the easiest paths (this would be pretty simple)<br>3) Fractal wilderness; randomly placed pre-defined villages and castle-centric towns where I control every house, store, and dungeon on the town.<br>4) Fully pre-defined wilderness and towns, in the old Pern/Z style.<br><br>Any changes will take me a while to code and will possibly require frequent resetting of the server. But that's what happens with new stuff like that.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

SpaceHunter
Human Zombie

Re: Poll 2: Wilderness and Town

Post by SpaceHunter » Sun 08.06.2003, 19:26

Eeeee.... i think choice 3 or 2..... those sound nice and hey are there like any books i can read to help me understand more about scripting for this game? i would love to help and since the summer is right on the nose and i dont have to go to Summer school since im in all high classes already for that uhhhhm i rather not say what kind of highschool, i will have lots of time to spare so either tell me where i can get some tutorials or just gimme 1 ur self  :D ;) :) well keep up the good job.
In this world you seem to have it all, you seem to have control, but deep within your soul, you're loosing it all.
A4X

Steel Dragon

Post by Steel Dragon » Sun 15.06.2003, 09:12

i think multiple towns would be great (maybe multiple stores) and the farther away from the main town the town is the better stuff they sell (cause its more dangerous to get there) and your mile down club you talk about could be at the very edge (corner) of one side of the map making it exceeding dangerous to get to and it would sell stuff  that makes the danger all worth it, but you might want to make the speed curve down as we go out so we all don't die instantly (like what happened to me at -240000 something ft) trying to get there.

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Sun 15.06.2003, 16:01

I'd go with 2 or 3.. but I'm not sure what they mean..
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 16.06.2003, 02:22

Ahh.. the mile down club.. I really want to put that in!!

satael
Mangy-Looking Leper

Post by satael » Mon 16.06.2003, 11:36

it would be nice if there was something really to look for in the wilderness (apart from certain death or empty forests). Also mile-down club should mean that ghost-diving is disabled for obvious reason. ;)

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 16.06.2003, 13:30

Ghost diving won't affect recall depth much longer. So it won't be a problem!

Steel_Dragon
Human Zombie

Post by Steel_Dragon » Wed 18.06.2003, 20:06

the mile down club will be so expensive anyway, unless you dive bottom you won't  be able to afford any of it anyway, so wether lower level players can reach it or now is irrelevent......what are you doing to recall's ber?