[BMA] Status and expected uptime

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Status and expected uptime

Post by Berendol » Wed 11.06.2003, 17:24

My game server is still down, and it's right on track to be back up tomorrow barring unforeseen problems with the savefiles. I figured I'd take advantage of the upcoming reset and make some rather significant changes to the code. If all goes well, you'll notice that nothing appears different. How bout that? Anyways, just keeping everyone posted on what's happening. Oh, there will be a complete server reset, so you'll be starting a fresh new character.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: Status and expected uptime

Post by Berendol » Sat 14.06.2003, 15:22

Whoops.. I've been really, really busy lately, moving and all that. Anyways the server will remain at RIT for the summer at least. I can work on it remotely (SSH is a wonderful thing) so you'll see it back online inside a few days. I have to find and unpack the written documentation I have on the proposed savefile format, then I can resume work on it. No idea how long it will take me to get that ready, but I'd guess that it might be sometime around late Monday or Tuesday.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 18.06.2003, 23:37

YES!!! I finally found the papers with the new format specs! Expect the server up sometime later today. (Thursday)  ;D

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 20.06.2003, 00:20

ARGH! This is a lot more work than I thought, and I've got a lot of RL stuff coming up this weekend. Man... I finished the writing part, though.. I'm about halfway done at this point.

SpaceHunter
Human Zombie

Post by SpaceHunter » Sun 22.06.2003, 02:33

WEEEE so the server be up by the end of the month?  :D  well i hope it is, cause if getting darn sick of this summer.... more boring then anything! B-Ball, Soccer. Fishing, hanging out with friends..... yaargh got to back to conmputers, Cant Live With'em Cant live With out'em. :-/ :-X
In this world you seem to have it all, you seem to have control, but deep within your soul, you're loosing it all.
A4X