[BMA] Acid Burning

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

[BMA] Acid Burning

Post by Maegdae » Wed 02.07.2003, 18:29

What all can be burned by acid? �I lost a quite nice BoC of slay evil just after finding it to a black pudding. �In fact, I lose quite a few excellent weapons to acid before getting to town, it seems. �Can acid destroy all weapons in inventory? �I'd really like some new weapons with immunities. How about weapons of *Freezing*, *Shocking*, etc. that have a normal brand but give immunity to acid?
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Acid Burning

Post by Ashi » Thu 03.07.2003, 19:30

Artifacts are unique because they can't be damaged. Most ego items, however, can be destroyed by acid when in the inventory.
Anything that gives Resistance usually will ignore lows and cannot be damaged when in the inventory, but single resistance items such as frost branded weapons can be hurt by other elements.
Also, items that ignore lows can be destroyed by the low attacks when they are on the floor.

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Acid Burning

Post by Maegdae » Thu 03.07.2003, 20:17

Ugh.  For some reason I used to think that metal stuff was immune :-((
I think I found the thing.. one of the changes on Berendol's server is that acid gets more chances to kill inventory stuff.  Moral?  Always wear a Mighty Green DSM!
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z