[BMA] DServ coming soon!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] DServ coming soon!

Post by Berendol » Tue 30.11.2004, 00:35

;D ;D ;D<br><br>Yeah, DServ is going to be online real soon now! I have the computer in my posession.<br><br>I need to make sure it has a good hard drive, and copy the updated code there and compile. Then, it will be back online!<br><br>I've been working on it a little bit this past week.. got a Gentoo/WinXP dual-boot set up for that. You guys are going to be real happy about some of the changes and fixes and such.<br><br>First and foremost... ALL of the Angband 3.0.x monsters are in and fully supported by the code - no more weakened monsters; three new summoning abilities (Kin, Animals, and High Demons) and boulder throwing are all included!<br><br>Second... Single-hue flashing has been added for certain monsters!<br><br>Third... The town is bigger and less dense.<br><br>Fourth... Mountains are a bit nicer near the town.<br><br>There's lots more but I'll write up a complete changelog when I get the server online.<br><br>ETA is end of the week, maybe earlier if I have sufficient free time!
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: DServ coming soon!

Post by Hades » Tue 30.11.2004, 22:06

Awsome, Nice job man Im sure alot of people here are going to like what you are doing to bring this server back online.  It is a nice server and I and Most likly alot of other members on here would love to see it back :).

Well Good luck Im planing on playing on there soon for fun (Although You do depise me ;) ) Peace.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: DServ coming soon!

Post by Berendol » Tue 30.11.2004, 23:11

I think the new additions should minimize the amount of "divine interventions" I need to arrange to keep you from advancing too far in the game.  ;)

Let's just say that later on in the game it's a bit tougher with the Summon High Demons and Summon Kin spells implemented. Especially when some high Q's can Summon Kin.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)