[BMA] Website

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Website

Post by Berendol » Thu 29.05.2003, 03:16

The website just got a facelift. If you haven't been to it, now's a great time! It's located at http://www.rit.edu/~djl5698/mang/ - by the way, this URL is displayed every time you log on to my server, too.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: Website

Post by Berendol » Fri 30.05.2003, 23:32

The server is running a new script that generates information about the game in progress every ten minutes. Check it out... http://dserv.rh.rit.edu

SpaceHunter
Human Zombie

Post by SpaceHunter » Sun 08.06.2003, 19:33

Dim Dum Dem i cant even get on the site....... i got high speeds broadband and it just loads up to 2 bars and then stops.... Dim Dum Dem
In this world you seem to have it all, you seem to have control, but deep within your soul, you're loosing it all.
A4X

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 09.06.2003, 00:56

What exactly is "2 bars"? I have no idea what the problem is given that information...

Did you know that broadband (especially in conjunction with Windows, and buggy software) can be extremely unreliable sometimes? Yes, it's true. I guarantee my WWW server has been running for the past week and a half with 0% downtime, and has been accessible from campus and several other states, so it is most definitely a problem with your connection. FYI, I am on a 10bT LAN - Gigabit internal routing - dual OC-3 + T3 external backbone, from which I can push and pull about 10MB/sec. I have screenshots of 8MB/sec transfers to prove it.

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Mon 09.06.2003, 10:31

You probably wouldn't know of the "2 bars" on your fast connections, Berendol..
he.he
On slower connections, when you're loading a page, there is a loading bar on the bottom of the IE window. In most recent versions, it's a solid blue bar, but in the old days (or maybe it was a different browser) it would load several green bars. Whenever a page would give you the "Page cannot be displayed" error, it would always load up to 2 bars before showing the error.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 09.06.2003, 16:19

Ah, I see. I was wondering what browser, etc. Hey, I remember downloading the entire distribution of Red Hat Linux 3 on a 14.4 modem, so I know all about waiting for modems! Anyways the server is and has been healthy so I dunno what the problem is. If anyone else has trouble with it make sure you post here.

SpaceHunter
Human Zombie

Post by SpaceHunter » Sun 22.06.2003, 02:17

lolol, well sorry i couldnt respond because i got to carried away with D2 and Continuum ( way different games ), u asked what browser? the browser is called Opera, its is good, takes up way less ram then IE and pop ups are NOTHING! since everything is kept in 1 little window... and im using a 1600kbps download 768kbps upload speed, its ok, not much but hey way better then my old 56k  ;D, well i hope to see your server back up sometime soon and ohh about Linux... im trying to get Debian, but cant find a good, fast Source mirror so i can download full .iso immage cause im to confused with jigdo... ohh well c ya  ::)
In this world you seem to have it all, you seem to have control, but deep within your soul, you're loosing it all.
A4X

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Sun 22.06.2003, 18:27

Ah. I have no problems with IE bogging down the computer because my system has the resources to spare, and I properly tune it up once in awhile. Here's a trick for getting Debian: Get Go!Zilla or some other download manager that searches alternate locations, or use an FTP client that can resume, OR do what I did, and use Direct Connect (DC++) to get it directly from someone with a good connection. Don't bother with those image assembling crapplets. Just get the first ISO, and do a net install.

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Sun 22.06.2003, 20:20

I have no problems getting to his website, and I'm stuck on a 19.2k cell modem for the time being.  If you're having issues, they're local.
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Tue 07.12.2004, 09:38

Hmm I think its time to update the the map on there bro.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Tue 07.12.2004, 21:50

If you want to buy me a copy of Frontpage (MSRP $199) then go right ahead. Until I can build something better, we'll all have to live with the old outdated website...

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 13.12.2004, 23:47

The website for the new server is up! Visit http://dserv.rh.rit.edu to check it out and read the changelog, download the game data, etc.

No in-game stats, maps, or lists are posted yet.