[BMA] Disable polymorph in town or do something else

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

[BMA] Disable polymorph in town or do something else

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Fri 11.02.2005, 17:50

Berendol, while I was busy trying to find something fun for everyone to play with in town, I made some umber hulks.<br><br>Evidently umber hulks can mow through doors of houses in town. Whoever owns the big townhouse that's just west of town, he REALLY liked your door.<br><br>I didn't take anything, but I was able to waltz in and look around. 3 blades of chaos? Pretty nice ;)<br><br>Anyhoo, mebbe you can tweak it so that you can't summon umber hulks? Or perhaps that they can't go through doors?
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Disable polymorph in town or do something else

Post by Maegdae » Sat 12.02.2005, 07:38

You know, this really is fitting karma for my (albeit unintentionally) breaking shops twice with runes.  

*calls Bigjuan's "smash n' grab on mang.org" to mind*

That one was way funnier >.>  

You coulda taken one of the Chaos Blades without me missing them XD  But thanks for not availing yourself of your good fortune.  

It seems another good Samaritan has taken my items under his safekeeping.  There's a possibility my two characters will not be forced to wander the streets of Mangband begging the food to keep them alive, carrying only the meager rags upon their backs -)  

If I still had money, I could buy one of those gigantic houses in places like -587650 -/
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Sat 12.02.2005, 10:34

Smash and grab....heheheh.

Nah, I couldn't bring myself to loot your house, but I did look around.  Interesting that you had like a whip that was +0 +3 in there, imo.  :p
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Sun 13.02.2005, 00:37

Yes, it is possible to summon in town.

No, you won't get away with it again.

I want to tweak it with a quick fix, really I do, but there are bigger problems that cause that problem.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Sun 13.02.2005, 17:50

Wait, get away with what again?  I just wanna lay out what I can't do in town to avoid getting you ruffled  :P

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 14.02.2005, 00:03

Please don't make any tough monsters in town. The townies are enough! I mean... we've got a lot of 'em. Go ahead and make something outside town in the wild, if you like, but don't make something deadly that can be accidentally stumbled upon in town.

By the way... Umber hulks are a bit excessive, don't you think? ;)

[edit] By "in the wild" I mean outside the densely housed area. So it should really be 3 or 4 screens out at a minimum.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Mon 14.02.2005, 10:15

I really wasn't planning on umber hulks, 'till I went "waitasec, they're invisible on esp and they confuse....hmmmmmm...."

The eating of doors thing was just an added bonus :p