[BMA] Name for my variant

Issues, news, and discussion specific to any other servers.
Berendol
Evil Iggy

[BMA] Name for my variant

Post by Berendol » Wed 28.05.2003, 23:48

I need a name for my variant! All of the names I come up with really suck. It doesn't have to contain -band at all, but it would be nice. Anyone got ideas?
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: Name for my variant

Post by Domino » Thu 29.05.2003, 13:58

BerryBand!

Perfect for you fruity fellows!
King of the Hill Baby!

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Fri 30.05.2003, 09:17

I'm still holding out for "My-varient-becaue-crimson-wouldn't-get-off-his-ass-and-release-0.8.0"
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 30.05.2003, 17:56

[quote author=Crimson link=board=general;num=1054180110;start=0#2 date=05/30/03 at 09:17:36]I'm still holding out for "My-varient-becaue-crimson-wouldn't-get-off-his-ass-and-release-0.8.0"

[/quote]
Ehh... I dunno about that one, it's funny but I kinda want to make a family friendly game. After all, I know a few people got started when they were what, 14?

/me blissfully ignores all the violence and gore and death

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Sat 31.05.2003, 16:13

Berenband?
As for people starting at 14, I started at 12 I believe...
If you think i'm annoying now, I was a whole lot worse then....
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Sat 31.05.2003, 16:57

I vote for "botherband".  All monsters when killed turn into Winnie-The-Poo, and utter "oh bother..."
Are you not entertained?

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Sat 31.05.2003, 19:53

Cute. I don't think so. Basically I don't want the *name* to involve anything objectionable, and that's about it. (Joke coming up.) No Really-%(*&#-Good-Game-That-@%#%#-Kicks-Your-#!@-And-You-Die-Like-A-*%#*@#@#(*$%*#-Band or anything like that. That would be cool by some 15-year old script kiddie's book, but not by his parents. You get the idea. Imagine if you were 12, and you installed something like that on your parents' computer... think they'd be happy? Or look at it from the parents' perspective, which I know a few of you have. Junior puts that in your Start menu, or you happen to see him choose it over his shoulder. What do you think? Anyways, that's my piece.

Decent names welcomed. And they can't be taken already, either... doh! DLMangband would be GREAT except someone used it. Here are some of my recent ideas:
[VilliJiddiIt] VMangband
[Dynamo] Dynaband
[eXtended] XMangband
VenoMBand
[Wilderness] WMangband
Megaton MAngband
[Xtended Town] XTband
Wristband
Headband
Pop-Culture-Band (just kidding)
Everband/Neverband
... or we could try the old Nintendo tradition of adding Super... Super MAngband!

Please, nothing with Cheese or Munchkin.. you know I'm just a few short weeks away from making the game incredibly hard to win.

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Sat 31.05.2003, 21:32

Why are we getting hung up on the *band concept.

Farenheit-072
Are you not entertained?

Toast
Nasty Little Gnome

Post by Toast » Sun 01.06.2003, 02:23

How about LameBand?

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Post by Domino » Sun 01.06.2003, 23:23

Howbout Indecisiveband (Iband)

Realy it's not that difficult.  Most of the *bands out there have either thier author's name or a semi descriptive name appended.  The people addicted to *bands are gonna give it a try anyway cuz we all want to see new things and most other people wont bother no matter WHAT you call it.
King of the Hill Baby!

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Tue 03.06.2003, 00:03

Well I'll have one by the end of the week. Maybe one of my classes will inspire me... man this is hard!

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Tue 03.06.2003, 03:10

EMangband?
Evil Mangband...
I'm sure you could come up with enough stuff to make players clutch their keyboard in fear...
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

SpaceHunter
Human Zombie

Post by SpaceHunter » Sun 08.06.2003, 19:22

Eeeee tough 1 there berendol..... lemme think ASCIIBand? MorgoBand ( in honor and respect of morgoth ) ehhhh its a tough one.... i leave it to u lol and hey do we ned any advertisment for MangBand in general? i can put advertisment on few of my sites and advertise it on other games i play, also SCHOOL... WHICH finaly ends this tuesday ( the 10th ) wooo i graduate... from 8th grade.... and i started this game uhhhm when i was what 12? yeah im annoying, but what *ARE* you gonna do about it? kill me? HA! im unkilleble im a hell hound from bottomless pits of hell and i am here to EAT YOU ALIVE!!! muahahaha...... Joking, sorry had nothing to do was bored ::) ;) well anyways i love this new server of yours!
In this world you seem to have it all, you seem to have control, but deep within your soul, you're loosing it all.
A4X

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 09.06.2003, 01:19

#1. DO NOT annoy other people with advertisements for the game, especially flooding, hacking, spamming, and mass postings! This is the most important thing you can ever learn when it comes to advocacy. I do NOT want ten million angry script kiddies attacking my site, server, or email. Mass advertising on games and websites gets that kind of response. If my connection gets disabled because of a sudden surge in hack attempts, I know who's responsible.

#2. If I can't get rid of you, which I most definitely can, I can still make you miserable. Don't toy with the administrator.

#3. You should probably take the conversation about school to a chat room, such as #teenchat on any major IRC network.

#4. Basic netiquette: Don't post anything that looks like this:
"RE: Very Important Question! Please help!
----------------------
Oh, your question? I dunno, you decide. blah blah blah irrelevant stuff. [randomly insert strings of typical IM abbreviations] blah blah blah more of the same. Well sorry I just wasted my time posting all that. I was bored, thought maybe you'd like to be too."

Thanks for all the positive response.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 09.06.2003, 01:22

I really like Crimson's idea. Dang it it's such a good name, and a comfortable 4 degrees above ISO room temperature. I might go with it, if I don't hear any better ideas before long.