Shopping list

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Shopping list

Post by Thorbear » Sun 19.04.2009, 11:58

Right, so now we have a live map of the player shops, even with colors that indicates what color the door has (I know it says that it categorizes the shops, but in reality you can put anything in them).
But we still have to run around to every shop to see what they offer, and their prices.

What if there was 1 extra building in town, like shop 9 or something, where all the items from player houses were shown?
Ofcourse a problem would be that there is A LOT of items in player shops, way more than the usual 4 pages shops have.
One possible solution to this would be a selection of an "item group", like for example;

Bob wants to buy a new dagger for his mage, but he's not sure what kind of dagger he wants, he goes to shop 9 for a good offer.
In shop 9 he selects; weapons - < 5lb; and finds that Black Jack has a Dagger of Gondolin for sale at a decent price (among other daggers and whips etc.).

Just a thought...
I am Thorbear...

Emulord
King Vampire

Re: Shopping list

Post by Emulord » Sun 19.04.2009, 23:25

I think sorting by ego type might be useful as well.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Wed 14.04.2010, 18:39

I think I've replied on this in game/irc, but anyways - for the record:

We considered this for a while but determined we don't want to turn the game any more into a shopping simulator than we already have done, with adding player shops in the first place.
That doesn't mean that if someone wanted to code it that we wouldn't accept a patch to make it a config option though, which is probably the case for many good suggestions that don't 'fit'.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 15.04.2010, 12:16

I think something more critical would be to implement in the current version the house list feature that has been implemented for next version. One of my character forgot where his house was and it took me one hour to find it...
Another useful idea would be to allow house door color to be changed... like for example when you throw a potion of apple juice at your house door and six months later you spend one hour throwing CLWs at the same door without managing to turn it to blue...

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Fri 16.04.2010, 23:08

There's the online map for that. Has never taken me more than 3-5 minutes to find any house I owned. Finding the right stuff in shops on the other hand takes several hours at times.

http://mangband.org/images/map.png

But I totally agree. Painting doors can take forever depending on your luck.

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 19.04.2010, 12:43

I just checked that map... awesome. I really thought the house map was completely outdated, but it seems not.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Mon 19.04.2010, 15:02

It's dynamic, gets updated hourly, iirc.
-- Mangband Project Team Member