Land ownership

New ideas, features you wish were in the game.
timtek
Giant House Fly

Land ownership

Post by timtek » Thu 09.07.2009, 04:50

This is on the wishlist side so don't take this one to seriously, I just think it would be cool, though i don't know if it would be possible. Here goes.

Instead of players finding houses and buying them, they could buy plots of land. Then on that land they could build houses/shops. Multiple plots of land next to each other could be bought to build bigger shops and houses. This way the player could build any size needed as long as he had enough land to fit the new structure. Taking it a little further, players could plant tree's, paths, ponds etc. but only on their own property. It would be a great way to spend all that hard earned gold and give players a chance to get creative with the world map.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: Land ownership

Post by Thorbear » Thu 09.07.2009, 08:43

I'd say this idea accually has some potential to it.
With some restrictions to it, and some structure...
Imagine you can go out to -100ft and find that the place has been totally changed since you were there 3 weeks ago.
Ofcourse, there would have to be some restriction as to how many properties one player may own.
I am Thorbear...

CloneDeath
Orc Zombie

Post by CloneDeath » Thu 09.07.2009, 12:30

Well, I have an idea that could help impliment this idea :P

So, when you buy a plot of land, all you have is a door. That door goes to a "special" shop, in that shop you can get scrolls of "create wall" and "create tree" etc, and they only work in your plot of land. Maybe when you buy a plot, they give you 8 free (so you could essentially just make a 1 square house :P).

Or, maybe instead of door to buy these things from, there could be a "shop 9" which is the "house shop" or something, and you get supplies from there (that way, you can make many doors to your house without having to worry about them all making you go to a shop.)

So in the spell, it would check what grid you are trying to create it in, if that grid is owned by you, if so it succeeds, and creates the wall or door.

Probobly should have "Destroy walls, trees, doors, etc" as well, just in case :P. Permawalls with no way to destroy = bad.

To be honest, I think I would use this for drawing rather than make a house, like spell my name out or something :P

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Thu 09.07.2009, 23:03

This (or quite close anyway) was implemented a year ago and will be part of 1.2.0

http://mangband.org/developer/ticket/632

But great suggestions, keep them coming!
-- Mangband Project Team Member

CloneDeath
Orc Zombie

Post by CloneDeath » Fri 10.07.2009, 00:14

I saw that like right after I posted in the forum. Can't wait. :P

timtek
Giant House Fly

Post by timtek » Fri 10.07.2009, 05:00

Great ideas guys, I really thought I was a little crazy for even thinking it. This and the other stuff I've heard makes me really excited for the next version of Mangband.