RIP Carjacker / cool vault

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Emulord
King Vampire

RIP Carjacker / cool vault

Post by Emulord » Sat 17.05.2008, 20:39

So I was partying with my buddy Carjacker, a Half Troll warrior.
We take the down stairs to 900. A crazy fight starts immediately where it is us vs. black orcs, a Troll Priest, dark elven mages, gnome mages, and some Hounds. I bombed everything with Orb of draining and he hacked away at whatever was closest. When it calmed down, I asked him to use perception to ID the drops.
He accidentally used a staff of teleportation instead of perception (It was late, so I dont blame him). Since we were planning on partying, he had no detection whatsoever (he was a warrior), so he got killed trying to get back to me (druid summoned earth hounds (too slow at teleport because it was late)).
I cast detection after he tele'd and saw that the stairs took us to inside a huge vault, hence the epic fight. Creatures of note were a Werewolf, a Chimera, a Quylulthulg, Nar the Dwarf, and a dark elven lord. Not too bad.
Somehow some mice started breeding outside the vault. Carjacker got ganked by mice as he tried to float back to me, and his ghost got killed =(.
I approached one side of the vault, killed 2 groups of hounds, the Q saw me, and blinked away. I hid to regain mana, and kept trying to lure some enemies out. I got pissed off by all the traps, so I found a wand of Trap/Door destruction somewhere else on the level, and zapped away all the traps. On approaching the vault, I forgot where the Q was. It summoned earth hounds and brought me to a 1 before I could teleport.
I approached the vault from the right instead of top, and lured the earth hounds to me and killed them all, gaining sweet exp.
Then I entered the vault on the left side, seeing a ton of clear mushroom patches. I orbed a lot of them and locked them inside a the rest of the vault.
I rested and regained mana, opened the door and started bombing them, but there was a disenchanter mold which stole my mana. because my macro targeted the clear mushroom patches instead of it, I had to run in, and manually do my teleport away spell and hit right so it teleported the mold away. then I ran back outside, but the clear mushroom patches escaped too, and i had no mana to kill them. So i ran into the corner of the vault and waited until my mana regained so i could orb them all.
After I cleansed all them, I opened the door again, killed those mushroom patches, and started killing the few remaining enemies. Nothing too hard. The Q blinked next to me and I killed it in one melee round. I sat there for about an hour using my crappy priest ID (20 mana, 44% fail), and found tons of excellents I didnt want to leave behind. So I asked some guy who was still online at 1:30am to static the level for me. I made a trip of excellents, 4 trips of goods, and one more to pick up my consumables I left on the ground. I paid the guy 10000 AU and still made a 50000 AU profit. I didnt even sell the Red DSM I got or the *ID* or the defender sabre. I also improved my kit because of a cloak of resistance I found. I got 6000 exp from the whole deal.