Schroeder is taking a break

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Schroeder is taking a break

Post by schroeder » Sat 13.09.2008, 17:52

Ok so today, i decided to fight the tarrrasque again. I had killed him before, and he was no GIANT problem. I had more heal stuff then i did when i had fought before, so i was like, why not? Well, soon my 5 *healing* were gone, and i noticed that he hadn't lost much health at all. So i was like, ok fine. Destruct. However, i had just changed to a staff of destruction instead of scrolls. I remembered this, and started quafffing heals. I was like...MUST TELEPORT!!! I think i tried to read them...I think it said you have no light to read by. Not sure. Already Xed out, so i can't check. But i had a fenorian lantern, so that wouldn't make sense. So then from me being shocked from no response of the teleport, I panicked and didn't quaff heals fast enough, and died. I then found myself sitting, and hoping for rescue, and not thinking OK MACRO DARKNESS STORM!!! So, to my deep dismey, somehting was fighting me. I was hoping i would kill it. I got down to a 3, and decided it wasn't worth the risk. It was time to move on. No geer lasts forever. So I < up. Rested till i had full, and continued. Their were many points along that where i thought it was the end... Showing up next to hounds twice... Scarry. I was, at one point, at a 0, bleeding, and poisoned. I believed that was the end, but i still came through to live...somehow.

Well, at least now people can find both sting and calris now! They are epic weapons.

I am now taking a leave of absence to rethink my obsession with this game a bit. Don't worry, i'm sure i won't realize anything, and I will return.

Here is the link to my death:
http://mangband.org/Main/HighScoreChart ... 1063986130
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

serina
Crystal Ooze

Re: Schroeder is taking a break

Post by serina » Sun 14.09.2008, 23:09

Buh. Don't let the Tarrasque eat at your spirit. But taking a break is sometimes needed afterall.

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Schroeder is taking a break

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 15.09.2008, 11:54

I was like...MUST TELEPORT!!! I think i tried to read them...I think it said you have no light to read by. Not sure. Already Xed out, so i can't check. But i had a fenorian lantern, so that wouldn't make sense.
This is I think a known bug. If something darkened the spot you were standing on, sometimes it is NOT redrawn properly. Having any light source wouldn't change a thing, since the "glow" flag is taken from the floor grid and not from the player light source... and you would end up getting stupid "you have no light" messages even if you carry a light source. The only way to fix this unfortunately is to move... and you were stuck in a dead end.