herbert killed by the Phoenix

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
herbert

herbert killed by the Phoenix

Post by herbert » Fri 02.05.2003, 17:33

Hi all,
herbert the mighty dunadan ranger has been defeated by the Phoenix while fighting a quite Troll pit !
No time to realise it was the Phoenix coming into my back, he brathed plasma twice and i was dead :(
so please someone ?

herbert2

Re: herbert killed by the Phoenix

Post by herbert2 » Sun 04.05.2003, 06:59

I have been rescued now :-) , thanks Nar-Ghaul ;-)
Actually not so much sanks,  because trying to rescue me he went to 3000ft (my death level) and he uses to detroy everything when recalling...
Bad luck he recalled right into my sanctuary :o , and all but artifacts was destroyed (I had none, so you can imagine that all my gear was destroyed ).
But anyway, thatnks for rescueing me and not letting anyone loot my sanctuary. Coulnd have been better, but could have been much worse too. I'm ok now, thanks again to Nar-Ghaul.
:o

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Sun 04.05.2003, 15:28

I have a question on game cheeze.. If I am responsible for involuntarily destroying someones gear, then can I replace it with very close items?  For example, if I accidentally destroy someones balance dsm, is giving them another one cheeze?  When Herbert died i replaced everything of his that I could, as I was responsible for the *Destruction* of his gear.
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Post by Domino » Sun 04.05.2003, 16:18

Personally I feel that when you go to rescue someone and thier stuff is destroyed, via your interference or not that is simply the luck of the draw.  Would you feel responsible if rather than your *destruction* it had been destroyed because the phoenix breathed plasma on it?  Howbout if it had been a Greater Titan and your coming over to deal with it caused it to pick up half the gear?  Is that your fault?  Unfortunately death is part of the game and imo you 'owe' him nothing.  If he has not been wise enough to save backup gear for this type of eventuality that also is not your problem.  You tried to help and that is fine.  However due to lack of knowledge of the whereabouts of his stuff it was destroyed.  I would put 'reimbursing' his gear firmly under the cheeze heading.
King of the Hill Baby!

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Mon 05.05.2003, 06:28

As usual, I agree completely with Domino on this one.  Even in the case where the rescuer(s) make a clear error, they owe you squat for the gear, period.

The general player pool especially on the mangband server has become so sociable, and friendly, most people have forgotten it's also quite legitimate to *steal* the gear, or take your pick of it for the rescue.
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Paragon

Post by Paragon » Tue 06.05.2003, 04:18

Cheez or not, it does not really matter.

Yes, it was Herbert's fault he died. No one owed
him anything (unless there were other obligations).

Not a problem if someone steals, *destroy* etc.

Not a problem if Herbert objects and retaliates.

Not a problem if Herbert gets new equipment and
pays for it, whether in gold or in kind.

Maybe he will rescue Nar-ghaul or find him boots of
*elvish speed* (or maybe he will keep the ring of power
to himself).

As long as it is not running multiple characters
concurrently, then it seems okay.

Herbert
Clear Yeek

Post by Herbert » Tue 06.05.2003, 05:45

Hi all ;-)

I see that my death (and more than my death my rescue) has made lots of spokes...

I would not like to be cheezed if what Nar-Ghaul has done was considered so, I totally agree on the fact that my gear being destroyed because of Nar way to play, or because of some Titan picking stuff, or whatsoever, I have no right to ask for a replacement. And I did not.

Very kindly Nar-Ghaul proposed to replace all he could because he was so sorry ( :-[ ) to have done the *destroy* and I'm very thankfull for that. Sure I owe him much and If I did not paid for the gear I can understand that Nar needs more friendship than gold. :-)

Pagaron said about the same with more beautiful words, so I will not say more. 8)

Herbert

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Tue 06.05.2003, 18:42

Ok.. Just wanted to make sure that Herbert or I won't be deleted :-))
To me, replacing gear that was destroyed *AS A DIRECT RESULT OF YOUR ACTION* isn't cheeze, but I wanted to make sure.  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z