Fink_mage dead realy deep

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Fink_mage dead realy deep

Post by Fink » Tue 17.01.2006, 20:17

Hey guys!

This goes out to any player who is at or near the bottom who maybe hasnt played in a while - of the current batch of players, Im the one deepest :P

Was a bit of a painful death, in that the Tarrasque got line of sight on me through a destro patch and blasted me from range. Poof! And wow, talk about a massive spew of unique respawns - I think I had killed nearly everything on pages 3 and 4, and made a small dent in 5 heh.

I can't remember my specific depth - I logged off immediately because I didn't feel safe as a ghost there - but if anyone is around who can save me, stop in the irc channel or respond to this. Thanks!

-fink

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: Fink_mage dead realy deep

Post by Warrior » Wed 18.01.2006, 08:03

Hi, I can try to walk down to wherever you are but probably won't be able to do so until this time tomorrow and most likely a few hours after that too.

Problem is level might very well respawn before that...

So you're around 6k'ish?
Long walk from 3200 but should be doable.
:)

- Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Wed 18.01.2006, 21:06

Aii! I wouldn't do that to you man, but thanks for offering!

I waited a day, and then did my float. It was a bit hair raising, but I made it out of Angband alive. I logged on and immediately started hammering the < key. I think at one point I floated past Tiamat, and of course reams of other nasty stuff that would take pot shots at me now and then.

A time vortex blasted me and reduce my con (and thus my HP,heh), but once I hit 2k , I felt pretty good.

As Falx said "he's alive, Jim"

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Thu 19.01.2006, 06:25

Nice stuff Fink, better safe than sorry. And of course, a dive from the bottom or close isn't very safe at all. But then again, you'd never be. :) I guess the other lvl 50's don't read the forums here anymore, at least not daily.
I think I'll start walking anyway, you need someone down there to save you, next time.
:P

- Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member