This one looks like Warriors dead bookless hobbit.

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Mon 27.04.2009, 23:13

Well they're pretty similar in some way...

http://mangband.org/Main/HighScoreChart ... 2503187603

Sorry Agor.

ZAL

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: This one looks like Warriors dead bookless hobbit.

Post by Warrior » Tue 28.04.2009, 06:58

Thats one spectacular death, Agor. Probably didn't feel too good but it's an awesome scene anyway :)

(The Dead bookless hobbit in question is this one (taken from our Screenshots section)):

http://www.mangband.org/Main/Screenshots

Link to full picture

(There's many levels to that picture).
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Agor
Disenchanter Ooze

Post by Agor » Tue 28.04.2009, 11:54

Hehe no problemos.

But jeez, gimme a break, Mouth of Sauron at 1250ft :D

... And I'm the only player who's ever been killed by him... (Well Version 1.1.0 ->)

I was a bit down, sure, but now I'm up and running again ^^

The character before that one got destroyed by Khamul, the Black Easterling at 1400ft ><

Beholder
Greedy Little Gnome

Post by Beholder » Tue 28.04.2009, 12:27

next character you made try to put more LUCK
my god, kamud at 1200 nthe the mouth of sauron at 1450 is crazy. Is simple bad luck.

I was wondering how deep you were when this the mouth of sauron was summoned.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Tue 28.04.2009, 18:05

You need to use magic mapping scrolls and detect evil staves to avoid these sort of disasters. Or at least give you a chance to avoid em.

ZAL

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Tue 28.04.2009, 22:53

The mouth was not summoned probably. Agor was in a backdoor surprise vault. they have 3 main arias. The two on the sides have 8 excelent items in them each. They also have extremely out of depth monsters in them. The inside bottom wall square of each of these is actually a hidden door. The middle section looks like it is safe with lots of walls. Not true. These are actually all doors. So if you try to go in there to pick up some items, the monsters from the other sections will come and eat you!
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

Agor
Disenchanter Ooze

Post by Agor » Wed 29.04.2009, 07:27

Beholder wrote:next character you made try to put more LUCK
my god, kamud at 1200 nthe the mouth of sauron at 1450 is crazy. Is simple bad luck.

I was wondering how deep you were when this the mouth of sauron was summoned.
Just to make this clear:

Mouth of Sauron at 1250
and
Kamud at 1400

But yes crazy, and I should've known that the vault was something evil as I had detected the doors, but I'm still relatively new at this game, so don't know all the dangerous stuff, hehe.

Beholder
Greedy Little Gnome

Post by Beholder » Wed 29.04.2009, 15:29

in a backdoor surprise vault. I die in that vault attacked by ungoliath, I really start being suspicios when i find 4 excelents items alltogeter.

I find this vault 2 more times, in one i find at 1300 a great master mystic. The other was very simple.

Other vault to take care, is the one that is like a cross vault with 5 monster and 5 excelent items.

Was funny last time i enconter one of those vaults. I reach the vault , 4 common monster..
I kill them, get the gear, and go away very happy , just when i reach the corner, a greater draconic Quiliguly ( that seem the monster that was in the empty place ) , summons 6 Great wyrms dragons around me.

Michailski
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Michailski » Thu 30.04.2009, 08:26

Beholder wrote:.....
Other vault to take care, is the one that is like a cross vault with 5 monster and 5 excelent items.

Was funny last time i enconter one of those vaults. I reach the vault , 4 common monster..
I kill them, get the gear, and go away very happy , just when i reach the corner, a greater draconic Quiliguly ( that seem the monster that was in the empty place ) , summons 6 Great wyrms dragons around me.
Yep. The Plus Vault is very dangerous too. Especial because its usually open. Backdoor Surprise, Plus Vault and ZoCD (Zoo of Concentrated Death) are the most dangerous Vaults you can find. And if you have ESP you need to detect too.
And never stand close to them untill you know if and how you can get them. They contain often Monsters which can open or leave them. Then you are lucky about time for reaction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uAvMey ... r_embedded Three little pigs
My english isnt bad. I am ahead of time. I use the spelling reform of the english language starting 2010.

Agor
Disenchanter Ooze

Post by Agor » Thu 30.04.2009, 09:22

Hehe, tough luck Beholder :)

Anyway, thanks for the tips guys, I think next time I'll ask someone to lend a hand, before I go rushing into something I know nothing about :3

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Fri 01.05.2009, 08:07

Asking about the monsters usually helps. For instance asking about a purple p or a green P can help alot.

ZAL