OMG teh plasma hounds!1one

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Murdin
Crimson Mold

OMG teh plasma hounds!1one

Post by Murdin » Wed 22.02.2006, 02:17

Well crud. Why do I always die when recalling? This time around a black knight decided to wander over and pay me a visit shortly after activating my rod of recall. He would've been no big deal, but he decided to bring along his plasma hound buddies... ouch. Crispy Murdin.

If someone could rescue me at 3350, that'd be great.
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Murdin
Crimson Mold

Re: OMG teh plasma hounds!1one

Post by Murdin » Wed 22.02.2006, 16:09

Okay, I was robbed. I know this because it was apparent that I was left the basics at my death site and someone with an irritating sense of 'humor' decided to leave a teleport ring and a ring of resist fire in place of my two speed rings.

Juan, I suspect it was you, but whoever it was, I'd really just like my stuff back please. Having been robbed for the second time really takes the wind out of my sails. I just wanted to see how deep I could get before the reset -_-. If it's not returned I may just suicide Murdin, I'm not sure it's worth pressing on.

Also, whoever out there is using the death forum as a "Hey! Free gear!" advertisement section, come on. Really, have some decency.

(EDIT: Issue resolved, misunderstandings all around.)

And despite the last bit there in parenthesis, this wasn't intended as an angry post. I wrote it feeling rather defeated, actually. Sorry if it came off the wrong way.
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Wed 22.02.2006, 16:13

No, you weren't robbed...I grabbed most of the choice stuff, and still have it.

Calm down.

And no, I didn't leave a cursed transport ring, something there dropped it when I killed it.

Oh, and the plasma hounds are all dead.

I'll PROBABLY be on tonight around 5:30 PSTish or so, but don't quote me.  ;)

And next time you want to toss around accusations, I might not be so nice in returning your gear.  I WAS trying to be nice and save it from level reset (which has happened to me more than a few times).
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Murdin
Crimson Mold

Post by Murdin » Wed 22.02.2006, 16:17

Wow, thanks Juan! I really appreciate that!

EDIT: I actually can't be on until.. err.. 9 PM-ish at the earliest due to work, but I'll do my best to be on around that time for an hour or so, and then again when I get back from the meeting with friends about moving out. (New apartment)
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Wed 22.02.2006, 19:26

Okay, scratch the 5 PM time, my gf is taking me out to dinner.  I'll try to come on later tonight to see if you're on, but I don't know exactly when that'll be.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Murdin
Crimson Mold

Post by Murdin » Thu 23.02.2006, 00:31

Much appreciated, Juan.

Zaphod, if you read this before I see you next, looks like I'll be sticking around. Hopefully you've still got the gear from where I died?
......####
...@+;...# Sigh.
......#....#
......####

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Thu 23.02.2006, 00:34

[quote author=Murdin link=board=rescue;num=1140592654;start=0#5 date=02/23/06 at 00:31:21]Zaphod, if you read this before I see you next, looks like I'll be sticking around. Hopefully you've still got the gear from where I died?[/quote]

NOooooo!  I'm evil!  I'm the worst thing for the game ever!  You can't stick around!  You were affected by teh Furby, you must quit!

*snicker*

I love the people who call me the worst thing for the game ever.   :D