Profiles Erased

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Re: Profiles Erased

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Wed 22.02.2006, 23:26

No no no...he can't leave 'till he gives me a chalupa.  Back off, Avenger!   ;D
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Wed 22.02.2006, 23:47

Appreton some of your post's = Not appropriate nor helpful to any situational ethics...

It may be amusing for a mind in the gutter! Save the guy from himself! Erase the topic that would be my vote!

We all know that pestering Jube or Bigjuan will not likely change their ways... give it a rest! Just learn to adapt!

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Thu 23.02.2006, 00:02

No way, it's rather amusing!  ;D
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Thu 23.02.2006, 02:26

Let's take a vote.

1. Take no action.
2. Ban ApreTon from the forums and hunt his clones.
3. Lock this topic.
4. Delete this topic.

You may vote for more than one, but you may only vote once.

PS. I am angry at ApreTon for his language on the forums... consider this your warning, child: Grow up or get out.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Thu 23.02.2006, 02:33

No offense, Berendol, but I fully intend to take the law into my own hands, so to speak.  You can ban him here all you like, but unless Crimson hard-code bans his IP (I'm not even really sure that's possible), you can bet that I'll be on hand to hose him and his ghost.

As will several others, I'll wager.

As far as locking or deleting this thread...why?  He's pretty much the only one who's frothing at the mouth, so why not let him twitch a bit more so the rest of us can laugh at his short bus grasp on reality?  Edit out his language, but leave him here.

Besides, he owes me a chalupa.

ApreTon
Giant House Fly

Post by ApreTon » Thu 23.02.2006, 08:08

Avenger:

I forggoted of kids. sorry.
Please, can some one erase my innapropiated and unrespectfully post. You right, you very right.

I'm sorry to all player. Let stop this.  

You don't need to bann my. If you like, do it; "ApreTon" is my only character.

Don't loose time in bann my ip. There are many free proxies that can i use as NAT ip translations. Many of this are in USA.

Each you can think that you like of this Topic forum and the reason that it start.

Ice:

I will be watching you

Good Bye

Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Post by Avenger » Thu 23.02.2006, 09:50

You can edit your own posts(top right corner, "Modify").

As long as you can be at least decently respectful of other players and abide by the rules(in your case, no more hacking), you will have no trouble with me.

However, you have done a good job making enemies of two of the best players in the game, so watch your back when you are on, or better yet try to make amends, and hope they will let you live.

-Avenger

ApreTon
Giant House Fly

Post by ApreTon » Thu 23.02.2006, 10:51

I removed the problem post.

I'll have in my mind that you say me.

Thank.
Bye

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Thu 23.02.2006, 12:09

[quote author=ApreTon link=board=rescue;num=1140575420;start=30#35 date=02/23/06 at 08:08:32]

Ice:

I will be watching you

[/quote]

Good, now where's my chalupa?

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Thu 23.02.2006, 19:32

ApreTon's characters have been turned over to Angus.  He can do with them what he pleases.
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

MunkYBoY
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by MunkYBoY » Thu 23.02.2006, 23:54

lol

wow this topic went huge in a day........yeah i had something to say about this but i guess i forgot. oh well, maybe another day  ::)

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Fri 24.02.2006, 02:28

I guess voting's over, then, and I'm going to leave this topic alone.

ApreTon: Thanks for fixing your post up. We really didn't need to see that, and I'm glad you learned from it without getting banned. You should contribute something to our bug reports forum if you have found a way to crash things, or otherwise glitch the game. Get even with suspected cheaters by getting the loopholes they use fixed.

Now, about the use of proxies. Think about it... If you really go through the hassle of proxies to grief someone, maybe the remaining developers (who provide you with this great game for FREE) will lose interest because they have less free time than it would take to stop you, and you'll have killed the game. It's not worth trying to get revenge when an entire community doesn't want you around. You stand to gain no honor or respect if nobody likes you, so you'd better be in good standing first.

BigJuan, you probably should specify which kind of Chalupa you want, though, since due to local vernaculars you could wind up with something rather unpleasant... Hey, look at number three, it has your name. How ironic!
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Fri 24.02.2006, 07:40

I don't think that ApreTon  needs to be banned from nowhere, he seems to be respectfull , as he update his post.

And for the game if you have just a little knowlege of networking there are several ways to chage the IP, tunnelings, sockets server etc etc , and if you block a range of IP is the same, you an block other people that want to play.

If apreTon change his machine name.. well nobody will ever know that he was ApreTon some day.

About BigJuan and Angus and Apreton in the game.. is simple, all that mess start when in a power demostration after several months , 2 guys that where game winners , they killed somebody , just for revenge or fun.

If am a newbie and first where killed for Grez( kull ) and then a friend of mine die cos Ice or Angus. how do think i will  feel about the game.. the word is fear, why should i start a game and loose 3 or 4 hours for day and someone kill me for nothing.

these is the true.
Maybe Crimson should reset the game in the time when the server was allmost empty.

this time wil came soon i hope

So what was done, is done.. let it be..

ApreTon
Giant House Fly

Post by ApreTon » Fri 24.02.2006, 10:43

Berendol:

Thank you for your words.

With proxy, I talk about networking concept. (proxy server), used to routing internet traffic.
Used too to evade ip banning.

I stop here with this. I get my target. "show to the some player that them aren't invincible".

May be i'll started new game some day.

Grettings!!

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Post by Domino » Fri 24.02.2006, 15:00

Heh Owen, you realy have no idea about how good I realy am at this game.  

I generally have a level 30+ character within a day after a server reset.

I agree that the server should be reset.  I didn't complain about the loss of Angus or his gear.  Now I DID complain about the hacking of said character to the server administrator and after investigating he took the action he deemed appropriate, but the loss itself didn't bother me all that much.

Additionally, I have recovered 90% of Angus' gear and he's rebuildable within a few hours while ApreTon by side-stepping the server rules has lost all and gained the enmity of quite a few people including the server administrator.

You see, what I did, contrary to your belief and the whining of several of you was not illegal, unethical etc.
It was well within the rules of the game as set forth on the forums under Mangband.org General.

Many of us have been playing this game for years, quite litterally.  This is just a small bump in the road.  These arguments have happened before and guess what?  Pkilling is LEGAL on Mangband.org.  It's legal regardless of what you say or want or what I say or want.  It's up to the server administrator to make those changes.  He's heard the arguments before and made his choice.  He's changed the way things are allowed in the past, such as no pkilling/polymorphing/stealing in town.  And surprise!  I follow those rules.  Comparing me to Kull is rediculous.

Furthermore ApreTon's actions do not show me that I'm not invincible.  Dying to a cheater in no way bothers me, in fact it validates the fact that I'm very _very_ good and the only way he could defeat me was by cheating.  Unlike him, I'm a good enough PLAYER (not cheater) that I can recover from this in short order while he's no better off than before.  In short he accomplished nothing except to get people annoyed at him.  Apparently he lost or never had the mindset that this is a GAME and nothing that happens here truly affects me.  I play for MY enjoyment, not yours, not his, not the mangband communities at large.  And while that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate other players it does mean that as long as I follow the server rules, I will continue to play as I see fit.  If that includes killing you because you annoy the hell out of me so be it.  As long as I don't start killing your level 1 characters over and over (which is specifically against the rules) I'm in the clear.  In the past the 'good reason' for player killing covers nearly anything from catching other players cheating to desiring the +3 boomerang of doom that someone gleefully shouts about finding.  When and if Crimson changes that then I'll abide by his laws.  Until then I suggest you follow those same rules.  And when the server is reset, if you can catch me and pkill me well then MORE POWER TO YOU!  I find that fun.  I like the extra spice of wondering if someone is going to come kill me.  I'm certainly not going to go whining to the admin about it, it's part of the game, an acceptable risk that I choose to live with by playing here.
King of the Hill Baby!