Profiles Erased

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Re: Profiles Erased

Post by Domino » Mon 27.02.2006, 14:08

Actually I knew Crimson was gonna run an audit to see if any of my other gear existed and told Ice to wait.  I think I'ma side with the masses on this one my friend.  

Think of it like this.  If you are a logger (being from the northwest) and you want to be able to log your lands you must manage them well.  So if you want to be able to pk people you need to do it in cycles, one pk here, one pk there.   Wait for them to re-grow before harvesting.  Otherwise you get no return, no challenge and nothing interesting except forum whines (which realy aren't THAT amusing).

In a community this small you should realy choose your pk's wisely.  And while I'm your friend IRL.. knock it off or I'ma hose you.  You've been warned.
King of the Hill Baby!

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Mon 27.02.2006, 14:18

Aye, but it's also quite like Eugene...you try to limb ONE FREAKING TREE and the hippies come out of the woodwork.  Eventually you just need to throw up a fence and cut down a mass of trees before they hippies notice and deal with their "wrath" later...which turns out to be nothing.  Life moves on, and other trees sprout up.

TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Post by Avenger » Mon 27.02.2006, 14:50

Crimson has every right to get involved in the politics of his server, however in this case I believe he may have misjudged ApreTon. From what I have seen and read, it appears that ApreTon hacked Angus in an act of retribution, and has since learned that this is no more acceptable(in fact less so) to our community then Bigjuan's and even Kull's pking. As far as I know he has not continued hacking, and now plays by the rules like any other member of our community.

Bigjuan, I agree with Angus very strongly on this point. MAngband does allow pking, and it is a part of the game, but if you do it(which we all understand is a part of your playing style), you need to make sure you don't do it in a way which creates a threat to our community, and continuously killing new players does constitute a threat to the community in my mind as well as in the majority of the other players'.

-Avenger

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Mon 27.02.2006, 18:57

[quote author=Crimson link=board=rescue;num=1140575420;start=60#71 date=02/27/06 at 12:33:58]

This from a guy who's life consists of breaking into other people's accounts....

[/quote]

I can't believe it.....
i know that it is your server but u cannot say it about players.  
You don't know nothing about this persons.  
I think that you have to program and no more. This problems is here because you don't make anything to help us to solve it.  
Do you read the forums?  
-*-*-*- Argentinian team working for mangband -*-*-*-
We haven't access to mangband, but we are working for it...

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Mon 27.02.2006, 19:17

I'm simply going to let that comment stand on its own merits.
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Post by Avenger » Mon 27.02.2006, 19:56

...or lack thereof.

Crapher you will not get anywhere by insulting the server admin and more importantly variant maintainer. Crimson does what he believes is best for this community and this game, and I think he has done a good job of it so far(and I've been around for 5 years, so I think I would know). If you have bothered to read other posts, you might have noticed that a series of pk changes are being planned for the next version of the game.

I want our community to grow, but I don't think anybody wants it more than Crimson, since he's put the most work into it by far. I want you to continue playing here, but if you are going to attack the one person who has done more for this game then anyone else, then you are not welcome here any more than hackers or indiscriminate pkers.

-Avenger

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Mon 27.02.2006, 20:20

Apreton's Post and your post are bad.  But i and all players invest a lot of time to play mangband.  if a player come and kill us without reason is stupid.

we lost experience, equipement and for ex. i haven't oportunity with a lvl 50 player.  im lvl 30.  i have not speed, he have +30 speed or more (i suppose) he has more HP.

what about it? what is ur opinion about it?

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Mon 27.02.2006, 20:28

[quote author=Avenger link=board=rescue;num=1140575420;start=75#80 date=02/27/06 at 19:56:45]...or lack thereof.

Crapher you will not get anywhere by insulting the server admin and more importantly variant maintainer. Crimson does what he believes is best for this community and this game, and I think he has done a good job of it so far(and I've been around for 5 years, so I think I would know). If you have bothered to read other posts, you might have noticed that a series of pk changes are being planned for the next version of the game.

I want our community to grow, but I don't think anybody wants it more than Crimson, since he's put the most work into it by far. I want you to continue playing here, but if you are going to attack the one person who has done more for this game then anyone else, then you are not welcome here any more than hackers or indiscriminate pke56rs.

-Avenger[/quote]

I dont insult server admin.  Always i say that mangband is an excellent game and i am thankful to crimson because he code this mangband variant.  Please see my previous posts, but i response your message.  Maybe, my words was strong but i dont insult him.
Please say me what part is agressive, and i edit my message and i delete it.  No problem

CrApHeR

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Mon 27.02.2006, 20:55

CrApHeR wrote:
I dont insult server admin.  Always i say that mangband is an excellent game and i am thankful to crimson because he code this mangband variant.  Please see my previous posts, but i response your message.  Maybe, my words was strong but i dont insult him.
Please say me what part is agressive, and i edit my message and i delete it.  No problem

CrApHeR
Your nick is apt.  
Why don't you change rules to restrict pk? Is too difficult for you?
Are you PK as ICE, BigJuan, Angus, Kull, .....?
Language issues aside, those types of questions are intended to be inflammatory.  Why not leave well enough alone.
Are you not entertained?

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Mon 27.02.2006, 21:16

Sorry, Crimson....
i edit my post... and erase this part..

i dont understand: "Your name is apt"... my english is poooor :-/

My name was invented by me and I dont know its meaning in english.

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Mon 27.02.2006, 22:04

I shall repay the free Spanish lesson from earlier with an English lesson. You can easily look up its accuracy with an online dictionary, like dictionary.com.

Apt: adj. Exactly suitable; appropriate: an apt reply.

Crap: n.
  1. Excrement.
  2. An act of defecating.
  3. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
  4. Cheap or shoddy material.
  5. Miscellaneous or disorganized items; clutter.
  6. Insolent talk or behavior.

Phonetically, your name reads "Crapper" which is slang for "toilet" here in America.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

MunkYBoY
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by MunkYBoY » Mon 27.02.2006, 22:26

wow ive lost all interest in this topic and trying to keep up with it is a pain. ugh, next!

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Mon 27.02.2006, 22:47

Agreed.

This topic is dead, move on.
Are you not entertained?