Long live Google

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
karis
Giant House Fly

Long live Google

Post by karis » Mon 17.05.2010, 10:33

Yes, this was a really silly death again, unlike my last against Morgy: http://www.mangband.org/Main/HighScoreC ... 4926923391

I've done not much in the time before i died. The reason is simple... I have some macros with CTRL+something, and it happened I hit the Ctrl key twice ... that's obviously as deadly as Morgy casts two mana storms in a row. Because hitting Ctrl twice raises the Google search bar (if you have Google desktop tools installed, of course...), and I lost the focus on the mang window :) I managed to get back, but it was already too late to hit the escape key...
The next thing I do before reequipping is changing my macros and eliminate all Ctrl-something macros I have...

And then I go down again.

Cheers, Karis/DieHard/Induriel

serina
Crystal Ooze

Re: Long live Google

Post by serina » Mon 17.05.2010, 17:30

How about turning off the Google ctrl clicky function? It's pretty simple... press ctrl twice. Go into options menu. uncheck the little box about clicking ctrl twice. Dive happily and stay alive :)

ZAL

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Mon 17.05.2010, 18:36

Thats the same reason I turn off sticky keys. Sometimes when im bored/nervous i just keep tapping buttons that shouldnt do anything by themselves like ctrl or shift.

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Mon 17.05.2010, 21:50

Whenever I start a new computer, I purposefully activate all of the 'windows button coronations' so I can get a pop up to turn them off.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband