Yet Another Amazing Rescue (YAAR)

Post the obvious, so we can all chuckle with you...
GoNINzo
Black Yeek

Yet Another Amazing Rescue (YAAR)

Post by GoNINzo » Mon 31.05.2004, 02:23

So, a guy who plays with me quite often got killed on 2450.  Then, he lost his backup character too, so things were pretty grim.  I had been gone all day so I didn't know about this.  So when I came home finally, it had been *6 hours* he had been logged in there, sitting, waiting for me or someone who could do a rescue.

Now, if you let a level sit long enough, it gens creatures.  The entire goddamn thing was filled.  FILLED.  But that's okay cause I told him to just wait it out, due to mang's nasty habit of regening idle dungeons.  So I really only had myself to blame.

Anyway, 46th level Priest when I went down, 48th when I came up. heh.  The major baddies were, in order:  Medusa, Phoenix, Smaug, Ji Indur, Shelob, Ren, and a couple other small ones.  (I'll post the log below)

I have to say I felt quite accomplished.  Patience, orb of draining, dispel evil, Cure, and portal!  `8r)  Oh, and just before I was coming up, I read a single summon monster scroll in the middle of the room (I know, stupid) and impact hounds came.  And they nearly killed me as portal failed, but I got ahead of myself and immediately healed myself, then realized I hadn't ported, and ported again, and immediately healed again.  And again it failed.  I would have been so dead if it hadn't worked the third time though! heh

anyway, fun times!  `8r)

Medusa, the Gorgon was slain by Kismet.
The Phoenix was slain by Kismet.
Angamaite of Umbar was slain by Kismet.
Azog, King of the Uruk-Hai was slain by Kismet.
Smaug the Golden was slain by Kismet.
Ji Indur Dawndeath was slain by Kismet.
Orfax, Son of Boldor was slain by Kismet.
Shelob, Spider of Darkness was slain by Kismet.
Ren the Unclean was slain by Kismet.
Khim, Son of Mim was slain by Kismet.
--
Gonzo Granzeau
All around decent avatar.
wckg.net