hello everyone & some questions

All your questions answered.
Ace
Crystal Ooze

hello everyone & some questions

Post by Ace » Fri 15.02.2008, 13:03

Hello everyone!

After a long pause of trying out mangband several years ago, I returned and I am glad to see that development is continuing :)

Some newbie questions

1) When do items disappear (after death e.g., do they disappear even when iam on the level, when exiting will the level be static as long as i want ?)

2) Can one revive himself?

Some forum questions:

1) In my first try I did not receive any activation mail. There does not seem an option to re-request it.

Some project related questions:

1) Is there any help needed or wanted?

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 15.02.2008, 14:50

1) Items never disappear, unless you leave the level and that level is deallocated (nobody on it anymore)
2) Yes, and there are two ways of doing it... If someone's around that can recall to your depth, ask him/her to come revive you! In this case you may even keep most of your stuff for your next incarnation... And if nobody's around, just float your ghost up back to town and go to shop 4 (the temple) for instant resurrection (in this case you lose all your stuff though... unless someone stayed on the level you died).

Flambard
King Vampire

Re: hello everyone & some questions

Post by Flambard » Fri 15.02.2008, 14:53

Ace wrote: 1) When do items disappear (after death e.g., do they disappear even when iam on the level, when exiting will the level be static as long as i want ?)
I'm not sure.. what do you mean? A static level without player on it has a pretty good chance unstaticing at any moment. When you die items don't dissapear :)
Ace wrote: 2) Can one revive himself?
By visiting temple (4) in town. But I'd bet you allready knew that. And there's no other way.

Can't help you with other too, sorry :(
Ace wrote: Some forum questions:

1) In my first try I did not receive any activation mail. There does not seem an option to re-request it.

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Fri 15.02.2008, 14:53

PW beated me!!

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Re: hello everyone & some questions

Post by Warrior » Fri 15.02.2008, 23:11

Ace wrote:Hello everyone!

After a long pause of trying out mangband several years ago, I returned and I am glad to see that development is continuing :)

Some forum questions:

Hi there Ace, glad to see you return to MAngband, I think I remember your name from back then :)

I just tried creating a new user and I got the activation mail as expected so I can't really help you with that problem, is there any chance you either entered the email address incorrectly or it got caught in your providers spam filter? Certain email providers tend to not work so well with confirmation stuff (or so I've heard).

About help, feel free to either send me a few lines (pm or mail (warrior@mangband.org), drop by the mangband channel on irc, irc.perl.org #mangband (it may be slow at times depending on time of the day and so on) Or list your qualifications, thoughts, experiences etc etc in this thread if you prefer :)

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Thu 21.02.2008, 13:49

well the old email is taken now - so it must have been correct. Maybe it bounced or for somereason did not arrive but in the end it's impossible to register under the correct email & account anymore.

Other forums offer a "resent activation email" option. Couldnt find it here.