Players shops

All your questions answered.
HaleviA
Mangy-Looking Leper

Players shops

Post by HaleviA » Wed 27.08.2008, 11:25

Hi to all
Is there a place i can find a list of the players shops and what's inside each shop?

I've just bought in one shop what i could find in another for half the price :-(

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Players shops

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 27.08.2008, 11:33

The Documentation section has a map of the town area with all the player shops. To tell what's inside, I usually log in my level 50 priest and cast Clairvoyance on the areas I want to examine. So if you don't have a high level priest, just ask other connected people if they have one (or a high level spellcaster with detection spells, although priest will map the whole level and not just a sector).

HaleviA
Mangy-Looking Leper

Post by HaleviA » Wed 27.08.2008, 11:45

Thanks
i was just thinking maybe the players that own the shops would like to advertise what's inside the shops.

The pricing system is according to what the player assign to each item?

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 27.08.2008, 12:01

Yes. Most of the time, the objects are {on sale}, meaning they are priced at 3x their base value (like they were sold in the black market). But sometimes, players put silly prices on them... so you must be careful when you buy an item.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Wed 27.08.2008, 12:40

Not all high prices are "silly prices" - Often it is simply because the player doesn't really want to sell the item but he might sell it for a very large amount.
Other times items have "silly prices" because the owner wants to "display" the item, kinda like a trophy.
And then, of course not all users agree how much a certain item is worth, it's up to the owner to decide the price of any item. Some people always sell stuff at minimum prices, others will consider the rarity and power of the items when setting a price.
-- Mangband Project Team Member