Macros Targeting Inventory

All your questions answered.
BinarySolo
Scruffy-Looking Hobbit

Macros Targeting Inventory

Post by BinarySolo » Mon 14.09.2009, 18:04

I am playing a mage and use a staff of Enlightenment because I like the mapping it provides. Trick is I have to keep recharging it, and I do it so often that I have it macro'd. I still have to find out the letter the staff is in my inventory because even though it is inscribed @u1 I don't know how to take advantage of that in a macro. My current recharge macro is \em3b, using the normal order for books. Is there a macro I could do, something along the lines of \em3b*u1 that would allow me to always cast lesser recharging at a specific item in my inventory?

Also, I use the staff as my primary mode of mapping, but I often cast detect door and stairs at the same time. Is there a way to do both of these in succession with a single button press?
My favorite hounds are yeeks.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Re: Macros Targeting Inventory

Post by serina » Mon 14.09.2009, 21:24

It's been a long wanted feature to be able to recharge stuff in inventory automatically, but at this date, it isn't possible, unfortunately (as far as I know).

Macro for detecting stairs/monsters:
Detect stairs/traps/doors and monster \em1hm1b - if 1 fails, the other is still cast, but if you have an abundance of mana, this isn't a problem. Just press the button again.

Check out this post for more macro-help from others and myself:
http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1224

ZAL