Key Mapping

All your questions answered.
jakodashadows
Blubbering Idiot

Key Mapping

Post by jakodashadows » Fri 12.03.2010, 09:37

Is there any way to change what keys are used for different actions? I am used to a different keyset and am having trouble learning the default keyset here.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: Key Mapping

Post by Thorbear » Fri 12.03.2010, 16:35

Well, first of all we've got the rogue-like keyset, which might be closer to some other games of the same type.
-> To activate the rogue-like keyset, enter the options menu (=), enter User Interface Options (1) and change the value of "Rogue-like keys"
-> A small mapping of the rogue-like keyset can be found here

Secondly, you are free to map ANY keys to ANY actions (as far as I know anyway) with macroes
-> To make a macro, enter the macro menu (%), Enter a new action (3), enter whatever action you wish (where the "action" would be ie. r for read and m for magic, see the normal command reference) and press enter, then you press Create a normal macro (I know some people use command macro, but I use normal, what the difference between the two are I do not know), and press whatever key/key-combination you wish to map this action to.
-> If you happen to make a macro that makes everything messed up (like mapping some function to Esc before a new Esc-key is set) you can revert any key back to original using the "Create identity macro" in the menu. (Ofcourse reinstallation also works)

-Thorbear
I am Thorbear...