Couple of questions

All your questions answered.
BashTheBishop
Mangy-Looking Leper

Couple of questions

Post by BashTheBishop » Thu 25.03.2010, 14:25

Hi all,

A friend is running a Mang server for us to play about on. A couple of questions for you...

1) Which beneficial spells are castable on others? Heals from my priest seem to work, but don't cure blindness etc as per the potion equivalent. What about Resistance and other top buffs?

2) The unique monsters aren't unique (at least with our server settings). For a first kill we get the yellow shout, but the same unique can respawn on later levels. Is there a way to stop this?

Thanks in advance,
Bash.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Re: Couple of questions

Post by serina » Thu 25.03.2010, 16:08

Hello BashTheBishop.

For 1: You can only cast healing spells on other characters. No other spells work. (I believe orb of draining heals some as well, but that's more of a damge/healing spell in that case).

For 2: Each character needs to kill each unique monster for them to stop showing up with the current rules. I don't know if there's a way to stop it but I don't think so without some programming. That being said, I'm just a hobbit, not really a programmer.
ZAL

BashTheBishop
Mangy-Looking Leper

Post by BashTheBishop » Fri 26.03.2010, 10:19

Thanks Zal, getting a kill each is no problem. Of course, they all come back to life when one of us dies :)

Shame about healing not curing blind/poison/confusion. We are a priest + mage party and it would be nice to cure those nasty effects that prevent him from casting.

Happy diving,
Bash

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 26.03.2010, 12:53

In fact, it's how the spells work. I don't think priest spells cure anything in the current MAng version, or maybe cuts. That should change in the future versions, as Vanilla seems to plan on aligning spells with item effects to simplify the base code.

BashTheBishop
Mangy-Looking Leper

Post by BashTheBishop » Wed 31.03.2010, 12:01

So... with this unique kill list thing, does a party kill count for both of us? I see there should be a way to view one's kill list, but with my current key bindings (just the normal ones afaik) I get a dungeon master control list on ¦ not a unique list...

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Wed 31.03.2010, 14:17

You have a list each, and the key to press isn't : or ; or !, it's |

on my keyboard it's hidden on the same key that makes this §. If I switch to english keyboard, I need to press shift+\ to make the | sign appear.

When you enter that list, you get a list of your own kills as well as the kills of other people who're currently online.

ZAL