my controls are messed

All your questions answered.
gameserfer0
Pitiful-Looking Beggar

my controls are messed

Post by gameserfer0 » Wed 13.04.2005, 12:58

for some reason i logged into mangband and i could not use the down arrow to move south..... anyone know what is wrong?

gameserfer0
Pitiful-Looking Beggar

Re: my controls are messed

Post by gameserfer0 » Wed 13.04.2005, 13:11

ok i fixed it..... i used a macro and assigned the command "2" to the down arrow and it fixed it

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Wed 13.04.2005, 16:03

I know you already came up with a workaround, but fixing the problem is always better than creating a workaround. Would creating an identity macro do the job?

Identity macros basically reset the function of the key, so if you accidentally set down to something else, you can fix it. Unless of course you assign %, Esc, Enter, or a number 1-6 to something, in which case you're screwed and have to edit/delete your macro file...
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Wed 13.04.2005, 16:55

One neat trick that Jube taught me is to set up your macros like you want (by hand is preferable), then add a commented out line at the bottom saying "end of my macros"...so that if something like this happens (and it's happened to me in the past), I can simply go to that line and delete everything below it.  Problem resolved.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.