Greetings to all!

All your questions answered.
Steel_Dragon
Human Zombie

Re: Greetings to all!

Post by Steel_Dragon » Mon 07.11.2005, 09:53

wow, lot in interest lately, sounds like some good stuff has been happening.....

just waiting for something new to break

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Mon 14.11.2005, 05:17

As I'm sure most of you have already noticed, the good stuff has turned into great stuff and it's called Ironman MAngband  ;)

For all those who sometimes feel a little bored with vanilla MAngband (or for those who play various other variants) Ironman MAngband with it's online ladder and new character dumps is a very cool way to spend a few minutes or hours.

The nice thing is that it doesn't demand days and weeks and months to get somewhere, if you play a couple of hours you might very well find yourself on top of the high score.

Also, it's a lot more dynamic, (allthough it might seem hard) it still should be lots more fun for the newbies (as well as old timers) since most of the time all the uniques and all the artifacts will be available.

Anyway, for me this has really peaked my interest in the game and with a possible contest coming up I think it could skyrocket MAngband's popularity

Conn came over to my house the other day and he watched me dive a lvl 11 guy down to 1050... he said "big deal, I could get a lvl 2 down to 2k!" Well, he didn't really say that but anyway, he likes Ironman so maybe he'll show up for the contest  ;D
-- Mangband Project Team Member

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Sun 27.11.2005, 16:08

To those who wonder where Sav and Dwarfy are now... they play TomeNET.
To Warrior... Ironman Mangband sounds cool, but I cannot access the server with the 0.7.3 client (says the server isn't up when I clearly see people connected on the metaserver). Any idea what happens with the client?

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sun 27.11.2005, 17:05

Hm, I know Avenger had some problems but I don't know exactly what they were. You could try asking about it in the Ironman forums or maybe it'd work if you downloaded the new windows client from Jug's site, http://www.mangband.org.uk

Nice to see you again, btw

- Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member