How serious do i have to take Ladder Flags?

All your questions answered.
udosdottir
Clear Yeek

How serious do i have to take Ladder Flags?

Post by udosdottir » Thu 19.04.2007, 23:25

Today i noticed my character Udosdottir has the * flag on the ladder. According to investigations (was not all that easy to find) that means "player has unusual amount of money possibly cheating".

But i was really only lucky. Never cheated in any whay! I never even traded with other players!

On 200ft i found a scoll of *Aquirement* (this never happened to me before!) which i read. Most of the items i sold which gave me money for a home (does this count as wealth as well?) on one of the next trips to the dungeon i found a elfenkind armour that i can't carry (too heavy - but rests in home) and a small sword of extra attacks (+2) which i am now using. And i have an ego weapon in my home home, that i got throuh the *Aquirement* scroll. But the rest of my equipment is only {average} stuff.

Do i have to fear now for deletion of the character?

Best regards,

Udosdottir

Narchan
Giant Spotted Rat

Re: How serious do i have to take Ladder Flags?

Post by Narchan » Fri 20.04.2007, 00:02

Well, the basic answer is no, you are not in danger of deletion.  Character deletion is not automated, it is done only by hand, by the server admin (who is Crimson).  And the asterisk flag is more just a starting point for who the server admin should look at.  He would check back in the logs or whatever and see that you obtained your items legitamately, and you would not be deleted.  So have no fear, just play more MAngband  ;)
#############
ZZZZZZZZ@ZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
#############

uh oh

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Fri 20.04.2007, 08:26

Narchan is correct in all counts here.
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

udosdottir
Clear Yeek

Post by udosdottir » Fri 20.04.2007, 08:53

O.k., thanks for quick answers.

Udosdottir