Mac Developer Wanted

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
Jug
King Lich

Mac Developer Wanted

Post by Jug » Sun 23.12.2007, 20:09

The MAngband Project Team needs you! :)

In the upcoming release of MAngband we are making significant changes which break compatibility with all existing client versions. New clients will be available for download for Windows and Linux, but we currently have no support for Mac OS.

If you are a Mac developer and fancy lending a hand with Mac compatibility we would be very happy to talk to you. You will also earn the eternal gratitude of the future Mac MAngband players around the world. :D. Please either send me a private message through the forum or better yet, simply drop into #mangband-dev on irc.freenode.net
Last edited by Flambard on Fri 18.02.2011, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: making it an announcement

realhao
Mangy-Looking Leper

Re: Mac Developer Wanted

Post by realhao » Mon 15.09.2008, 01:01

Just wanted to say that the X11 display for Mac seems to work fine. I think the Mac autoconf is broken, and it doesn't automatically detect the X11 libraries so the Makefile generated doesn't try to compile with X11. I just added -D"USE_X11", -L/usr/X11/lib, and -lX11 to the appropriate locations and everything worked. I also didn't define the system as Mac in h-config.h; when I did define Mac in h-config.h, the compilation didn't work.

silicontrip
Human Zombie

Re: Mac Developer Wanted

Post by silicontrip » Thu 23.12.2010, 00:24

Is this still wanted?

I did manage to compile the SDL version of mangband. However the display updates were horrendously slow. I went back to the X11 version.

I have noticed that building the X11 version release 1.1.2 crashes on PPC machines but does not on intel. I'm guessing it's a byte alignment issue, PPC is much fussier about alignment of structs etc.

let me know.
Mark
--
Project Mangband OSX Carbon Developer.