Developers Wanted

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
Warrior
Evil Iggy

Developers Wanted

Post by Warrior » Sun 11.04.2010, 17:33

The MAngband Project Team needs you! :)

We are currently looking to hire* at least one skilled developer to help us with bringing the game to the next version (and beyond).

The game is written in C and some of the sub projects supporting the game uses php, C# and perl.
More information about our setup can be found at http://www.mangband.org/developer/

So, if you're a developer and fancy lending us a hand to clear our exciting queue of 110 unassigned tickets, we would be very happy to talk to you.

You will also earn the eternal gratitude of the hordes of MAngband players around the world. :D.

(Note that all 7752 are dead because you didn't join earlier. For every second you wait, an innocent adventurer dies!)

Please either send me a private message through the forum, reply to this thread or better yet, simply drop into #mangband-dev on irc.freenode.net

*Payment: Pints of ale and strips of beef jerky

Best regards,
Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Emulord
King Vampire

Re: Developers Wanted

Post by Emulord » Sun 11.04.2010, 19:11

Possibly next school year. Im a computer science major and im nearly done with my requirements, so I could help out a lot.
Maybe this summer if my work ends up being easy.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: Developers Wanted

Post by Thorbear » Sun 11.04.2010, 21:32

Well, by the summer I'll have my exam in PHP, and I've got a little experience with C/C#. Got no experience whatsoever with perl tho.

BUT. I've sort-of already been assigned to make something reasonable out of the rumored macro-maker.

Guess I'll just keep working on that instead of asking for more work that gets done with snail-speed? =P
I am Thorbear...