Hacking the town map

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
silicontrip
Human Zombie

Hacking the town map

Post by silicontrip » Mon 31.01.2011, 03:06

Hi all,

I'm running my own mangband server (1.1.2) all the people who play are friends and we share many of the treasures we find. I'd like to know is it possible to set up a shared house? So that valuable items can be left for the other players without the townies walking in and stealing them.

We use shop 8 for this, but it has been created very small (only has 4 slots) and I'd like to make it bigger. I've hacked at the server save file, changing both the features and info sections but upon restart the house is always the same size.

I also tried to re-build it as the DM user but when the server was restarted the house reverted back to it's original size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mark
--
Project Mangband OSX Carbon Developer.

silicontrip
Human Zombie

Re: Hacking the town map

Post by silicontrip » Mon 31.01.2011, 23:27

Ah, I've found it. The town is randomly generated from the seed_town setting in the server configuration file. Now to find a suitable sized house.
--

silicontrip
Human Zombie

Re: Hacking the town map

Post by silicontrip » Fri 04.02.2011, 03:28

Speaking about hacking. I hacked the server code to allow generation of the town map and surrounding areas.
I've also done a 25x25 map but the image is 4meg and takes about 2 minutes to load from my web server, so I won't link it here.
--