Having trouble setting up server.

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
cccel
Blubbering Idiot

Having trouble setting up server.

Post by cccel » Sun 27.11.2011, 04:24

The readme is confusing the hell out of me. I'm really having a hard time setting it up.
The readme to me is really hard to understand. If somone could possible give me one properly spaced and stuff.

Or a more detailed guide of how to set it up.

Thorbear
Two-Headed Troll

Re: Having trouble setting up server.

Post by Thorbear » Mon 28.11.2011, 19:53

cccel wrote:I'm really having a hard time setting it up.
The readme to me is really hard to understand. If somone could possible give me one properly spaced and stuff.

Or a more detailed guide of how to set it up.
What about the readme is hard to understand? :) It is an HTML-document, so I assume you opened it in a web-browser?

Other than that, setting up a server can be almost as simple as you want it to, once installed, you just run the run-server.bat (assuming you use Windows) and then you're good to go. For other people to connect to it, you have to be on a computer that allows connections to be made to you (the firewall has to allow it, and you cannot be behind NAT, unless you set up static IP through it).

Just ask if there's anything specific you get stuck on :)
I am Thorbear...

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Having trouble setting up server.

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 29.11.2011, 12:41

Don't forget that you need a fixed IP to be able to report to the metaserver. See mangband.cfg, where you need to set the following parameters:
- REPORT_TO_METASERVER = true
- BIND_NAME = "mydomain.dyndns.org" (or similar)