Compiling mangband on maemo(N900)

All your MAngband related technical questions answered. Problems compiling or running the game/server? No problem! Ask here.
szopin
Blubbering Idiot

Compiling mangband on maemo(N900)

Post by szopin » Sun 15.04.2012, 14:16

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get mangband running on maemo (Nokia N900) and while it does compile nicely (well, quite some warnings, but compiles) starts, downloads server list, checks password it does crash right after displaying the map with following error:

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 137 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_ShmPutImage)
Value in failed request: 0x1e2
Serial number of failed request: 631
Current serial number in output stream: 632

If I try to run it in single window mode (maemo won't work with multiple I believe) as instructed:

[3|user@Nokia-N900|~/dev/mangdband/mang]./mangclient --width 800 --height 480 --hexfont font/misc6x13.hex --fullscreen

./mangclient: Vid. init.: We asked for SDL_HWSURFACE SDL_DOUBLEBUF SDL_FULLSCREEN (c0000001) and got SDL_FULLSCREEN (80000000) <- this is the result of me tweaking for fullscreen, not related to crash as displays as soon as game starts and choosing server/name/race etc works normally

X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 137 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_ShmPutImage)
Value in failed request: 0x1e1
Serial number of failed request: 455
Current serial number in output stream: 456

Fonts displayed are smaller but results the same, quick flash of the starting map and the error.

Thanks in advance!

Flambard
King Vampire

Re: Compiling mangband on maemo(N900)

Post by Flambard » Fri 11.05.2012, 10:13

I'm very interested in this topic, as I was considering getting myself N900 :)

Are you still pursuing this? Would you join us on IRC for a more rapid conversation? Are you willing to spend some time debugging with gdb?

I also couldn't quite grasp if any of the version worked at all?

Unfortunately, the information you provide reveals very little, and it looks like an error we haven't encountered before (our platform range is quite small, altho it's getting wider). So no known fixes/workarounds for this, but if you help us we could probably fix it!