Re: King Smile

Post by Domino » Thu 29.05.2003, 14:00

Woot!  I knew you could do it man.  Congrats :D
King of the Hill Baby!

Xander
Greedy Little Gnome

Post by Xander » Fri 30.05.2003, 02:19

thanks a lot. you know, actually it's funny, because i used to have much better equipment before and i always afraid to try and finally... i was dying to hounds on stairs or recall or to greater draconic Qs, losing the good gear. now i decided to give a try with a pretty lousy gear and pretty lousy character, because the server was to be reset anyway.
anyway, morgoth is not that bad if you carefully pick up the place of fight, you have a kolla to sustain your fighting stats and you have pack of *healings*. i think i used 14 of them and the fight was quite short. morgoth alone is not that scary. more scary are monsters he summons. or ammount of them. you know the lesser vault, maze...? with permawalls and a nice zigzag at the bottom..? during the whole fight the only thing he was able to summon on me was a single hydra. as far as i was told, ashiki chose the same vault, just different corridor :)
guys. go and give a try. but still, i'm gonna be the first one   ;)

Domino
Giant Hunter Ant

Post by Domino » Fri 30.05.2003, 08:44

Yeah I've killed morgoth in a pretty wide variety of places and the 'maze' vault is deffinately the absolute best place to do him.  And it's true, he's not _that_ difficult.  The problem with killing morgoth is that he summons like a sumbitch and you simply get overwhelmed.  In turnbased it was possible to kill morgoth in other places but in realtime if you don't get him in a position where he has limited summoning capability you're screwed.  In ways it's kind of sad because if you get him in that vault he's relatively easy, but if you don't he's damn near impossible..
King of the Hill Baby!

Maegdae
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Maegdae » Fri 30.05.2003, 21:15

Great job Xander :-) Did it without life pots too :-)
Good win.  
Version 3.12
GAT d- s++:- a14 C++++ UL+ P L+ E? W+ N+ o? K---- w--- O-- M-- V? PS--- PE++ Y+ PGP- t+ 5? X- R+ !tv b+++ DI+++ D+ G+ e- h! !r !z

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Mon 02.06.2003, 03:04

Congrats !!!

You play very well ! Much better than me... I must add.

You delivered him to me a few days ago in same vault, but I was unable to control my nervs...

Good thing you were able to controle your own nervs :)

// Marv, Nannif, Eiram