New-char weekend... Anyone interested?

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
serina
Crystal Ooze

New-char weekend... Anyone interested?

Post by serina » Thu 22.05.2008, 19:49

I would like to see a huge party of lvl 1 characters all in a party and diving like mad... Scumming isn't allowed, we find stairs down (the mages need to be able to do something at the start of the game) a few rules to this game... And we need a date, admins wanna arrange? I'm just thinking aloud about what would be fun.

1st dive goes to approx 1k as quickly as possible. All those still alive are allowed to recall and buy needed supplies.

2nd dive to 1500. (sharing potions, so the right classes get the right pots)

3rd dive goes to 2k or about there.

Then we see where it takes us if anyone's game for such a venture?

Maybe a saturday, since alot of people seem to be on then... Anyone interested?

ZAL

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: New-char weekend... Anyone interested?

Post by Ashi » Thu 22.05.2008, 20:41

Count me in for Saturday! Our last all-mage attempt (aka Mageband) was a lot of fun, even if we did all die in that orc pit. It should be pretty interesting to see how far a well-balanced party can get.

"Hey, where did that warrior come from?!"

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Fri 23.05.2008, 00:21

Hi!

would like to join. however bad timing. course weekend and probably no timeon sat....

good would be weekdays 8 pm or later (gmt+1)

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Fri 23.05.2008, 05:31

I'm in for saturday, and I could probably get 2-3 noobs to come also (and possibly earlier than me).
What time is everyone free? I'm free from 11pm Central Standard Time (GMT-5) onward.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Fri 23.05.2008, 10:15

I cannot participate this weekend, and the next is looking booked ATM. But by all means, please feel free to get going ;) more fun in a team.

ZAL

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 23.05.2008, 11:28

I'll join... saturday should be fine, or any evening after 7pm (gmt+1)
BTW my mage did NOT die in that orc pit ;) (I think Warrior's mage didn't die either...)

Ashi
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Ashi » Mon 26.05.2008, 01:32

That dive was pretty fun... after a few deaths in the beginning, we finally got an effective party setup: a Mage, Warrior, and Priest. With that we were able to make some fast dives without much trouble.

Our first dive brought us to 950 ft where we recalled after successfully clearing a vault. We pooled our profits from each dive in order to buy a "big ticket" item that our party needed the most, such as Con and Damage rings for the tank, or a rare book for the mage. Even though we still didn't have a lot of gear, our party balance was excellent and everyone was good at playing their class so we managed to hit 1500 ft in no time.

In the end we ran into an out of depth Cherub at 1550 ft who also summoned several Ancient White Dragons and ended our party fairly quickly.

We all hit levels 26-27 at a depth of 1550 ft so I would say that was not a bad powerdive at all. Next time should be a lot of fun!

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Mon 26.05.2008, 23:51

Sounds like fun time ;) I hope to be aroud for the next one.

ZAL

serina
Crystal Ooze

New-char weekend SATURDAY 7th of June

Post by serina » Wed 04.06.2008, 00:34

SATURDAY 7th of June

I wanna get as many as possible if you're interested. I hope I can make it myself *giggle*

Time: around 5 PM CET (central european time). I guess that means 10-12 AM depending on where in US you're located. For Vonnes, it'd be at around midnight or so I fear... I don't know those times well.

Join up if you can. Check in even if you're late. It's easy to catch up. Or maybe start 2 parties and then meet later on ;) I hope we can get far. The plan is to kill either Lorgan, Medusa, Kavlax, Eol, Adunaphel or Gorlim... Or all of them :)

I'll try to save up some con-rings in my houses to save for this event, so we can go deeper and maybe even survive :=)

join if you wanna around that time... DISCUSS if you want a different time, please :) maybe we need to form 1 euro and 1 US party. Time will tell.

ZAL

Huma
Giant House Fly

Post by Huma » Thu 05.06.2008, 06:30

you can count me in.

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Thu 05.06.2008, 16:01

Yup, definitly not going to miss another newchar weekend :P and the time is perfect for me

grisu
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by grisu » Thu 05.06.2008, 16:07

Dont know yet (EC starts).
But I would like to mention this:
Lets create the new chars with a common password which is known from a pool of players.
If a player leaves, the char can be overtaken by another one and the gameplay continues.
At least 4 chars must be played at the same time or it will result in a break.
Ghostdied players will be new created and pushed up.
The game ends if the group sweeps the floor with Morgoth's head or all players ghostdied together.

Huma
Giant House Fly

Post by Huma » Thu 05.06.2008, 16:29

sounds like a plan

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 06.06.2008, 13:39

I will probably be home at 6pm GMT. I'll join then...
I would go with the following set of rules (the Rules of the Guild):
1) One player should create a party leader and level that character to something like level 10 to get basic cash for a party house (and to avoid being killed by stuff in town or in the wilderness during the challenge...); this should be done prior to the challenge - once the challenge has started, the party leader is not allowed to leave the party house... except to go elsewhere and buy a bigger house
2) Players must start from scratch - all newly created characters must be no-ghost and shouldn't get gear/cash from characters outside of the party (of course, the opposite is also true - players in the party shouldn't give gear/cash to their other characters)
3) A minimum of 4 players are required - the challenge is postponed until 4 players have joined the party (not counting the party leader of course)
4) The same player cannot have 2 characters in the party (except the party leader who doesn't count)
5) New characters cannot be of the same race or class than any existing character in the party, except if more than 6 characters have already joined - in this case you can choose an existing class if there aren't already two characters of that class (and so on...), but then you must choose a different race (there are 66 combos - the purpose is to add diversity to the challenge and depart from the classic high elf mage or dwarf priest)
6) Players in the party will share everything, including gold which will be pooled and dropped in the party house; unused items that could be useful will be dropped in the party house; characters in the party are not allowed to buy houses for themselves or use houses from other characters outside of the party
7) When a player dies, a new character can be recreated immediately with the same race/class or a different one (with respect to rule 5); new characters can use the party house to reequip themselves (this is a task force... everything belonging to the party can be used to achieve the goal), and even use gear from their previous characters if items could be retrieved from death site and dropped in the party house
8) The challenge ends when Morgoth bites the dust - characters will take a little screenshot and then immediately retire (party leader will also suicide and free the party house...)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 06.06.2008, 17:27

This character has been created:
- name: The Guildmaster
- password: guild
He's the owner of the party called "The Guild" and owns a 1x2 house at -200ft, sector (2,4).
Feel free to use this character as party leader for the challenge.