Let's give an online macro maker another try?

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Flambard
King Vampire

Let's give an online macro maker another try?

Post by Flambard » Mon 04.05.2009, 22:23

If you remember there was a macro maker tool which never got finished. I'm willing to give it another try, if you are. Here's how you can help out - upload your prf file to the tool. See if some key is displayed as weird code OR if your actions are not recognized correctly. Attach that prf file to a post in this thread. Specify, which macro is broken and what key it should have been. Thanks in advance, if anyone is going to do it :)

Known issues:
- no roguelike keys support

Agor
Disenchanter Ooze

Re: Let's give an online macro maker another try?

Post by Agor » Tue 05.05.2009, 08:58

ttp://www.mangband.org/macros/?act=open&file=agor_warrior.prf

I think it could use a check for "using roguelikes keys", as now most of them are wrong. (I can be more specific if you wish? :s)

schroeder
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by schroeder » Tue 05.05.2009, 10:19

http://www.mangband.org/macros/?act=ope ... omiano.prf

So I'm prety sure all the macros worked fine...Can't be 100% sure though, since its been a while since I had this character, and also...The macro file contains several macros from older characters, before I started saving my macros to playername.prf. So all in all, it looked pretty good, except for little bits of my own foolishness.
Anything worth being done, is worth being overdone.
My Mangband videos; http://www.youtube.com/user/Schroederband

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Tue 05.05.2009, 12:06

Thanks for the try guys, I'm adding 'roguelike keys' to know issues. I'll address it a bit later, perhaps in the next iteration of our test. My original plan was to test those phases: "Reading user pref files", "Manipulating macros", "Saving to file" -- for regular keys.

Re: attachments. Sorry, I wasn't clear on the procedure. *IF* there's a problem with reading it, attach the file to this thread. I can't trust pref files generated by the tool itself, as it might be buggy, so please attach the original files here.

Thanks again.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Wed 06.05.2009, 20:24

I think I need a recipe for dummies (Zal) if I am to help with this...

I did make some macros with your files, but was missing some (unimportant) stuff like ID macro and scandinavian letters I use (æ, ø, å, ½, §) I don't know what else I can do to help with this.

ZAL

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Wed 06.05.2009, 20:28

Well, currently the recipe is that: create your macro file in client (allready done I suppose), upload it to the tool and see if it read it correctly. If there's a problem please report it here and re-upload the file to this board. For scandinavian letters, I'm pretty sure I can add them, just tell me macro numbers/actions from the pref file, where there are supposed to be.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Wed 06.05.2009, 20:43

Nice :)

And everyone should do like me if they like stairing for sure...
< = Custom: \e<
> = Custom: \e>

in that case..

ø = \xF8
æ = \xE6
å = I don't have anything macro'd, so I don't have a clue...
½ = \xBD

The macros below totally boggle me. I have no clue what keys and what they do ( I didn't remove the "e x" at the end of each macro. Those aren't in the actualy macro):

^_Cx4F\r

Custom: \eT1e x

^_Cx50\r

Custom: \eT2e x

^_Cx51\r

Custom: \eT3e x

^_Cx4B\r

Custom: \eT4e x

^_Cx4D\r

Custom: \eT6e x

^_Cx47\r

Custom: \eT7e x

^_Cx48\r

Custom: \eT8e x

^_Cx49\r

Custom: \eT9e x

\\

Custom: \\e

ZAL

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Wed 06.05.2009, 20:49

Thanks, that's exactly what I need. Your pref file would still help as I can test locally with it, but even that is enougth.

The macros you listed are probably Ctrl+Arrow Keys = For Tunnel, but the \\ = \\e totally escapes me too :)

EDIT: Best way to share the original file is to attach it to this thread, like this.
Attachments
flambard.prf
(2.76 KiB) Downloaded 1097 times

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Wed 06.05.2009, 21:12

It tells me:

Erroneus filename!

when I try saving.

I tried with the following names:
SYSTEM

(x)windows gcu/x11

ACTION

Cut&Paste Download (x)Share

NAME
ZalTest
Zal for Flambard TEST
Zal for Flam test

ZAL

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Wed 06.05.2009, 21:13

But maybe you have an e-mail I could send it to?

*edit* I found it on your profile. Mailing it now.

ZAL

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Wed 06.05.2009, 22:45

Thanks again. I fixed what I could according to your files. Here are some that still look weird:

f1
Custom: \e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\eq1

Do you really need so many \e? Anyways I guess you see why it confuses the tool :)

Find Hidden Traps/Doors [Magic for Beginners]
Custom: m1b

Just separate them with \e, as this is recommended anyway.

m5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5 and such, I guess it would be too tedious to add a \e for each, but I guess you can work with Custom: prompts just as fine.

Also, I doubt combos like Shift+ø will work, at least untill you send me their codes.

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Thu 07.05.2009, 00:08

Just to comment these...
--
f1
Custom: \e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\e\eq1

Is on my mage vs Morgoth macro-set. I found that I wasn't quaffing potions immediatly when I used the standard \eq1, because my main attack spell is Mana storm, and the macro I use to cast it each turn is \e*tm9h*tm9h*tm9h*tm9h*tm9h*tm9h*tm9h etc. That's because I need to cast on Morgoth every single turn or quaff healing. And it needs to happen. It didn't when I used \eq1 for some reason. No clue why.
--
Find Hidden Traps/Doors [Magic for Beginners]
Custom: m1b

This macro is \em1hm1b, because I usually want traps and monsters detected instantly as I enter a lvl. Having to press 2 macros (when mana for these spells isn't an issue anymore) is enough time to get you killed in some instances. Seprating them with \e means that only the last spell will be cast, because the client finishes off all key presses at once, and the first one is "flushed out".

--
m5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5dm5

Hehe. This is the resistance spell. I love double resistance when I'm diving deep. I hope rogues and rangers can get enough mana/low enough fails to do this trick as well, because it stacks, you can keep it on at all times, forever.
--

Shift ø

About all these weird letters and such, I will send you the codes sometime, but it might be a week or more before I take my time to create all different kinds of macros. I will send you a complete setup if I can.

ZAL

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Post by Ace » Wed 03.06.2009, 18:57

How is it going? Time to reupload things? It would be good to delete your own stuff. Maybe upload with password. If you want to delete the macro map you simply click on delete it! password prompt shows up, you enter the ****** and *poof* it's gone....

Flambard
King Vampire

Post by Flambard » Wed 03.06.2009, 20:31

Yeah, macro maker is still unlinked with accounts, but it will be some day probably. For now I'll delete all file for us to start anew.

Michailski
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Michailski » Wed 10.06.2009, 16:40

Just checked the macro maker. I did a macro for Black Betty which is shared now. I tested the macros allready and they stay in use. Result: working fine. =)
Okay, i like the macro maker because its easy to handle and a new macro is fast builded. Thumbs up, good job ! =)

I found some wrong things.

The Spell "Berserker" is described like "Heroism". It should be: Berserker. Cures 30 points of damage, removes fear, and grants you berserk strength (resistance to fear, a bonus of +12 to-hit, and a penalty of -10 to AC) for 25+1d25 turns.

It seems there is someting wrong with the Books. The Spell "Rune of Protection" is in Book 7 thats okay, but Book 7 is Mordenkainens not Keleks. For Mordenkainens the macro maker says i should use the Booknumber 6. But it works and my Books are inscribed how it should be.

I wasn´t able to save as black betty.prf. I got the message it would be wrong. It isn´t. My old macro is "black betty.prf" and it works.

At the macro building i choosed the DEL Button because i use it for escapes. It was correct displayed. If i open the shared File now it looks curious.

It would be nice to choose the Class which the macro shall use to remove (or denote) the Spells/Prayer which the Class can´t learn. Or even enlarge the describtions with such Info. Because i needet to check all Spells at Thorbears Spoiler if my Rogue can use them.

[Edit] Found another thing. Every second Button is with Shift if there are Buttons twice. [ F1 ] next, Shift + [ F1 ]. If i open the file again the Shift inscription is gone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8uAvMey ... r_embedded Three little pigs
My english isnt bad. I am ahead of time. I use the spelling reform of the english language starting 2010.