Buying Istaris with Confusion

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Buying Istaris with Confusion

Post by Avenger » Thu 21.11.2013, 03:20

Edit: Solved.

Title.

Died to, presumably, lag, in an antisummoning corridor with loot on the floor. Ghosted up since no loot was salvageable and no one was on to attempt a rescue.

I've been able to rebuild most of my abilities, but I'm missing confusion resist. Could rework my build to fit it into a cape slot too, if an Aman becomes available before an Istari.

Not really able to play until I have that, so post here if you can help me out.
Last edited by Avenger on Mon 25.11.2013, 13:51, edited 2 times in total.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Buying Istaris with Confusion

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 21.11.2013, 12:33

Usually for a high level character, you aim for balance DSM and trickery amulet, which gives you 6 high resists. If you consider dropping resist light/dark to avoid using a crown of night and day and keep your crown slot for ESP (telepathy, magi, lordliness), you miss only 3 high resists: blindness, confusion, nether. The "almost perfect" combination is having these resists as cloak of aman, shield of elvenkind (or avari), gloves of istari. The point is: gloves of istari with either blindness, confusion or nether are priceless. I don't know if there's a good soul out there willing to sell you some. Check the castles, you may find what you're looking for, but, knowing the players owning these castles, be prepared to play a few millions for a pair...

Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Post by Avenger » Thu 21.11.2013, 14:02

And here I was thinking confusion wasn't a very sought after resistance... well, I don't have several millions, nor can I dive without confusion resistance. I might be able to rebalance my gear, but it will be far less optimal. Otherwise, I'm retired till I can find confusion gloves or cloak on an alt.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 25.11.2013, 12:31

Is Avenger a rogue? If so, you can still put on an amulet of the magi for confusion (and INT boost). In this case, you lose res poison and nexus, but poison is probably easier to get on cloak, shield or gloves.

Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Post by Avenger » Mon 25.11.2013, 13:51

Solved it. Swapped a Nether Elven for a Nether Aman, allowing me to use mirks and a Nexus shield with my magi for a full set of resistances. Then I made a very lucky gamble in 7 which netted me a Confusion shield, allowing me to switch boots and amulet back.

Avenger is a Warrior - in previous versions, everybody used Magi, but it looks like that doesn't happen in this one, probably due to the loss of randomized high resist on amulets, and the introduction of trickery.

Bandur
Clear Yeek

Post by Bandur » Wed 01.01.2014, 03:57

Despite the fact that it no longer is relevant, I feel obliged to share that I just pulled some out of the Black Market.
New Years Eve, Baby!