New characters in peril

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Gorom
Skeleton Hobgoblin

New characters in peril

Post by Gorom » Sun 19.01.2014, 00:40

So me, Bandur, and Jace were diving. I was playing tennant... and we were level 2-7 and one of Greyshoe's many characters came down killed us by summoning monsters killed me and bandur's characters and destructed our loot. If an admin sees this please help us out.

Bandur
Clear Yeek

Re: New characters in peril

Post by Bandur » Sun 19.01.2014, 00:56

Allow me to further expand. Today Me and Gorom cleared the vault "divisi" and before we had a chance to loot it, this char came came along and destructed all the loot. Now, he destructed about 8 dsm's in process. I merely excused the incedent because there were chaos hounds in the area. Then, next dive I got a ZoCD. He was diving in the same depth and again- destructed the loot. Now both of these times were "relatively" ecusable as we were diving in the same relative depth. So afterwards, Gorom and I decided to play our young characters, and were diving at 150ft. Greyshoe come to 150 ft and starts summoning crap on us. THIS is where it gets from the point of being slightly excuseable to just being a huge jerk. Later we were diving with Jace (who, as a matter of fact had quit playing because a certain someone killed his ghost) and greyshoe waits one floor below us on the stairs, and when we descend he summoned on us. Tennant (Gorom) and McMuffin (Bandur) got killed. Jace, by some stroke of luck survived. Then Greyshoe destructed our loot. While I realize that naming names is frowned upon, I am sick of this crap and cannot effectively dive on any characters until this is solved. Its just not fair for a mid-high level character to be picking on low-levels like this, and it just plain sucks to have your mega-vault loot all get destroyed when you just dpent 45 minuted clearing it. Please help us! =(

Jace
Blubbering Idiot

Post by Jace » Sun 19.01.2014, 03:20

Hello, Jace here.
A while back, about two months ago, I had died at a very inconvenient time, as I had to go to dinner immediately. As a ghost, I ran into a wall, as someone picked up my items. when I got back to the computer, my character's ghost died. I logged in as a new character, and had asked what happened. Several relpies had told me that Greyshoe had destructed the wall right next to where my ghost was, then summoned monsters to kill my ghost. I can see, under certain circumstances, the need to destruct a room, but why summon monsters to kill off a low-leveled character's ghost? This angered me greatly, especially after I had found he was doing this same thing to other people's loot after they died, but before they could reclaim it. This has to stop. I had left for about two months, and just came back today. The only reason that I did eventually come back is because of consistant pleading of another person. I feel this would greatly upset other people, espically new characters, who might just leave and not return.

Thank you for hearing the voice of the weak, Jace.

Gorom
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by Gorom » Sun 19.01.2014, 11:45

Actually jace... I heard it as grey tunneled you out of the wall and lured hounds up to kill you. But ya... It kinda sucks

greyshoe
Seedy Looking Human

Post by greyshoe » Tue 21.01.2014, 14:57

Im making one comment on this here and that its. I had already discussed with those that matter the reasons for this. First, When Azriel was first created because I was sick of Orcus Patrol running rampant. Gorom was taking whatever her could when he could from people and Bandur had just promised a DSM to a player for a rescue and after that rescue tried to skip and not give what he agreed too. I fully explained to a Dev what happened and why it happened. After that, it appeared I and the Orcus Patrol had come to an agreement to let bygones be bygones and soldier on peacefully. Then about a week ago I was trying to buy an item from Josiah when Gorom comes flying in, takes the money and logs off. Its just damn annoying and im tired of the childish behavior. As far as Bandurs claim of my destructing loot, that wasnt my intention at all. As any dev can look at the logs, the first destruct something had summoned a shit storm on me and i destructed to save my skin. The second destruct was the same thing as I had a time vortex pounding on me and with no long range weapons i wasnt able to catch the thing. As far as sumoning on baby Gorom, im sick of the crap orcus patrol likes to pull then start asking, "why me?"

Its simple. Stop screwing with people if you dont want to be screwed with.

And not that theres anything wrong with having multiple accounts here, but i dont Gorom. I have one Character at any given time. The fact i play Brave and have a shorter character span than most may be why it appears that way.

Gorom
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by Gorom » Wed 22.01.2014, 12:48

Ok... so bandur did give the LR cloak to haradaur. He just had to go to an event as soon as he was rescued.

On Azriel you ran in took all of bandur's house loot and sold it all.
The money was an accident and i dropped it in the dungeon and nobody got it. Again like bandur, i was called to dinner and couldnt stay.
The destructing wasn't really needed. If you stayed off the level you wouldn't have had to do that.
and summoning on the low level characters was a really annoying thing to do.

Bandur
Clear Yeek

Post by Bandur » Wed 22.01.2014, 20:10

a- it was an LR cloak not a DSM.
b- I did give it to Harad and I told him I would when I got back. I did not try to scam out of it.
c- instead of destroing and leaving, TRY TELLING US WHY YOU DID IT SO IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOURE TRYING TO SCREW US UP! (also theres this thing called teleportation)
d-As far as Gorom and taking the money goes, that was wrong and he should have payed you back
and lastly,
e- dont blame the entire party for the actions of one member. If you want to kill Gorom for what he did fine. Dont catch me and Jace in the crossfire. Or better yet just declare hostility and fight it out the old fashioned way rather than beating up his new characters.

With that being said I hope this whole thing can be closed and no one else should have to post on this thread.

Gorom
Skeleton Hobgoblin

Post by Gorom » Thu 23.01.2014, 01:36

Ayo! ya... so... I did read the rules and i did learn that debt isn't carried so... Roguest and I were going to agree on something but then he left... so i continued to follow bandur's advise and drop the 10k on 50ft so nobody gets it. and to the fighting on low level characters... well... That isn't nice. They never did anything to you so you shouldn't do anything to them. And the money thing was an accident. I had to go and didnt realize i had done it until roguest said anything to me later. AFTER you had died. That day our internet died so i couldn't play for a few hours. and i agree with the bandur

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 24.01.2014, 12:33

It's situations like these that make me regret the old time where PK was allowed. Things were settled once and for all between the grievous players/chars. pernmangband/tomenet/pwmangband have a more detailed console that allow radical things like "wrathing" (or permanently terminating) characters. Here it's more difficult, since the admins have to play with the character savefiles, which could ruin the server savefile... so they tend to be more forgiveful. In conclusion, just be respectful of other players and of the game, your experience will be more enjoyable.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Fri 24.01.2014, 22:41

Locking this thread now.

Final comment in the mangband.org rules topic.

Summary: just play nice. No killing, no stealing, no cheezing, no trying to annoy anyone.
-- Mangband Project Team Member