Bookmarklets for Artifact and Monster Spoilers

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
Ericzilla
Singing, Happy Drunk

Bookmarklets for Artifact and Monster Spoilers

Post by Ericzilla » Wed 30.06.2004, 12:56

This might be useful - some bookmarklets for monsters and artifacts on angband.oook.cz.
Find them on my site:
http://www.sommerla.de/mangband/index.html
Have fun, and any comment is welcome!
Btw, Bud_Spencer and I are still waiting for some response regarding the mobile mangband port. I think before setting up a sf.net project, people should be reassured with enough support from the crowd!
Find the thread in the Mangband Ports section.

Regards.

Narchan
Giant Spotted Rat

Re: Bookmarklets for Artifact and Monster Spoilers

Post by Narchan » Fri 02.07.2004, 11:03

Just so everyone knows, those spoilers are not necessarily correct for Mangband.  The oook spoilers are for Angband 3.0.5, but Mangband is based on an eariler version of Angband -- 2.7.9 possibly?. Some of the spoilers would be correct though  :)
#############
ZZZZZZZZ@ZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
#############

uh oh

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Re: Bookmarklets for Artifact and Monster Spoilers

Post by Berendol » Sat 03.07.2004, 10:50

You could take BAE or AMPFI and modify them to generate spoilers directly from the MAngband data files of your choice. BAE and AMPFI are programs I wrote long ago to get details on various variants' monsters, objects, artifacts, ego items, shop prices, etc. and only require the game's lib/edit/txt and/or lib/game/txt files.

Or, you could use either of them if you have Windows. At this point Mono does not likely have enough of Windows.Forms implemented to run BAE's advanced interface on anything other than Windows but you could always try it.

Here's my old, stale website with these programs and their sources:
http://www.rit.edu/~djl5698/angband/index.html

Sorry, AEU was never completed, backed up or released before the tragic hard drive incident.

If you're really interested, I could hack a Perl script together in a few days that gets any info you want. But BAE and AMPFI should already do that.

Edit: Your port sounds cool. I don't power on my mobile often enough to want something like that though. Especially when I've got a 22 inch screen on my desk, and no time for games at work. But I really think it would be fun for those who would play it. Just don't fall into the death trap of "If I create a SF project, coders will magically appear and finish my project" that I've seen a lot of projects fall into ruins from. I'd be interested to see it as a proof-of-concept thing, and wouldn't you like the satisfaction of making something like that work? Anyways, don't wait for fifty people to tell you to go for it - get it started! Because I do love seeing challenges like that solved.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)