Mangband 0.7.5

General discussion about the game. Pull up a stool and tell us your tale!
ApreTon
Giant House Fly

Mangband 0.7.5

Post by ApreTon » Mon 05.06.2006, 14:36

We have done some modification on this verison (Argentinian Team):

- Fix "Unstacked Rod charging in store" bug: In this version, you can't sell until rod is charged.

- When you die, you lost 1/4 of you experience, you lost only one object of your equipement list and you recalled to town inmediatly. These make a game more playable.

- In log file was added index time.

- Hostil players are showed in orange color.

- When you drop more money than you have, you drop all.

- Modifications to Stats views like Angband, like show below:

and next view

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Re: Mangband 0.7.5

Post by CrApHeR » Mon 05.06.2006, 21:58

We have done Linux Server and Windows Client.
Both are compatible with previous versiones (0.7.x), but you can see more information about your resistences and your equipement in the new version.  (Angband 3.0.x).  
See the graphics, this screen give information about PePe (Apreton here) in our internal mangband server... 8)

cya, have a good time.
Diego

PS: thanks Crimson, you are a good programmer, the code is very clear ;)
-*-*-*- Argentinian team working for mangband -*-*-*-
We haven't access to mangband, but we are working for it...

Billsey
King Vampire

Post by Billsey » Thu 08.06.2006, 00:44

Where are they available for download?
Mangband Project Team Member

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Thu 08.06.2006, 17:01

I haven't a place to upload.
If you have it, please give me and i upload both or, if you want, you can pass to me your e-mail (in a private message) and i send it.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Thu 08.06.2006, 18:20

Can you guys send it to mangband at gmail.com?
If nothing else I'll upload it to my page, http://mangband.googlepages.com/
Thanks
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Anyar
Giant Troll

Post by Anyar » Thu 08.06.2006, 21:04

Try uploading it to box.net.

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Fri 09.06.2006, 16:16

Zap... Yes i can send it to gmail.  Send me a private message with the e-mail address.
Billsey, i receive your e-mail address.
Anyar, thx for the site, i will use it to upload the game.

When i can, i want to make modifications to server to configure game with options, and adds comments in the new features to help Crimson, if he want to add it in the official mangband.
When i have it, i will send the game source code to Zap, Bill and upload to box.net

Billsey
King Vampire

Post by Billsey » Sat 10.06.2006, 20:43

One thing I'd like to see implemented is the 'I' command from the later versions of Vanilla angband. This allows a user who has already used *Identify* on an object to review the attributes of the item. It looks like it'll be fairly simple to do, just check to see if the *ID*ed flag is set, then call the same routine that shows the info when you first *ID* it.

I'm still working (albeit slowly) on the autoroller. I don't have a good working compile for a client yet though, and implementing it fully will require a client revision.

Avenger
Skeleton 2-Headed Troll

Post by Avenger » Sun 11.06.2006, 08:47

Interesting changes... not sure if they're the kind Crimson was planning(actually I sincerely doubt it), but would probably be fun to play, and it would certainly cut down on the incentives for pking. Do you have a server running yet?

Big_Juan_Teh_Furby
Iridescent Beetle

Post by Big_Juan_Teh_Furby » Sun 11.06.2006, 10:13

You know...and maybe this is just the cynic in me...but I'm not about to trust a binary that's released by a group of people who are currently banned, by way of hard-coded efforts of the maintainer of mangband, because of admited character hacking.

Thanks, I'll pass.  If Crimson, however, chooses to audit and include the code into an official release...sure.  Right now?  No way in hell.
When the winds of change blow hard enough, the most trivial of things can turn into deadly projectiles.

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Sun 11.06.2006, 20:44

Good things first:

I think most of your changes are for the better but as I discussed with my man in the Argentinian Crew here the other day I think making deaths that much less serious is a bad move.
A "soft death" option like that should be activated/deactivated in server.cfg or similar and preferably also an option for each player at character generation.

I also think highscores should either display the "soft death" scores in a particular way, reducing their score or not display their scores at all.

I'd suggest their score not showing at all and put a max limit on the number of resurrections. "You have 3 lives left..." This could also be an option in server.cfg or similar.

When it comes to Crimson putting this in the download section I too have serious doubts, mostly because of his lack of time but also because he seems to be very personal about mangband. This combined with the unfortunate hacking incident makes it quite unlikely.

However, if later versions included MAJOR changes like a better house system, auction house, or other much requested features, or if it adressed other serious bugs, like the problem with keys dropping and disappearing on death I think it would be much harder to ignore your work.
I discussed those things with mreggardio the other night and if you want any more details on it I'd be happy to help.

A version with those changes would probably be used by most players.

But again, nice work guys.

Don't get discouraged by bigjuan or if Crimson's reply (if he does reply at all) is negative.

Thats all for now,

Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Sun 11.06.2006, 21:31

BigJuan.... I don't want to restart again the Angus hack account.  This problem was solved, all us was banned from mangband official server, but we can play in our private server.  i made modifications to client and server, and i want to share this changes (with source code).  You can compile and see it if you can.
When i put
"When i can, i want to make modifications to server to configure game with options, and adds comments in the new features to help Crimson, if he want to add it in the official mangband.", i was refered to the idea and i comment the code because all code was commented.
It's good know stats details, and it can help us to play.
ahh... other information, mangband official server and download server are distincts, because the official server correct bugs and it add some features. :)
And, i agree Warrior's post.  The server is prepared for pkillers.  If you compile the server with this option (PKILL flag i think), when you kill a character, the character doesn't drop items and both will be ghost :) (this feature was added by Crimson).

When a finished changes, i upload this version (with source code) and all mangband players is be able to compile and test it :)
I compile server in LINUX and client in WINDOWS.

Other modification that ApreTon didn't say is, all equipment is showed in main screen (in lag meter position) and the lag meter was between CHR and CUR AC

Regards, and thanks for your comments BigJuan and Warrior.

PS: Bigjuan, if i was you, i will think the same.  I understand your position, but you have to understand our position :)

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Sun 11.06.2006, 21:37

Warrior:
 I spoke with mreggiardo, and he said your opinion about the games.  I change it before send this version.  But, now i havent time to change code.  But in a few weeks, i thing that i'm be able to change it :)
 Regards
 CrApHeR

CrApHeR
Giant Long-Eared Bat

Post by CrApHeR » Wed 21.06.2006, 23:20

You can download mangband server (linux) and client(windows) version 0.75 (with source code) from http://www.box.net/public/h6eacsvked

regards
CrApHeR

Billsey
King Vampire

Post by Billsey » Thu 22.06.2006, 19:04

Unfortunately, my first attempt at compiling the source under Windows fails. The first error refers to this function:

void prt_equip(void)
{
     display_player_equippy(ROW_EQUIP, COL_EQUIP);
}

where ROW_EQUIP and COL_EQUIP are undefined. Are you sure you've included all the files needed to compile this new version?