Laters Server Rules!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Laters Server Rules!

Post by Hades » Mon 17.09.2007, 22:39

Well, as any server on mangband their of course are rules. =( I know, they usually suck and make the game boreing but mine are pretty basic. But the pentaltys are sevare.

1)  As is the usual FAQ is pking allowed? No, plan and simple.

That sums up the pking rules, now time for the General rules of PWmangband.game-host.org.

1)  Cheezing, this area covers alot, but let me cover the most extreme cases. You may not at any point, take level ones, throw their gear, and commit sucide, go back with your main character,  sell the gear... I've seen this done, doing so will cause being deleted.

2)  You may NOT Give free gear to any of your alternative charaters.  Everything has a price, so if you have plans on selling any of your other characters gear, I suggest useing the store price of the item. And I don't mean the black market -,-.

3)  No afking in store. This is annoying... Don't do it.

4)  No spamming! Please refrain from spamming in the chat window. This is also annoying, and I may adjust your savefile some if it is done. By spamming I don't mean casual conversation. You should all know what im talking about.

There is probably alot I miss, so just take this as a draft, I will probably add more as soon as I find more problems people are abuseing.

And if people are wondering. Yes PWMangband.game-host.org is a legit server, It is to be taken seriously about these rules, don't test me. And yes PWmangband.game-host.org is there to stay. It is permanent.

You need a different client then that of the mangband.org client. I know it sucks, but hopfully in the future, it won't be so. You can find the client at. http://www.geocities.com/thesectt/PWMangband.zip

So if you are playing on my server, Have fun. Enjoy yourself, explore the new dungeons of angband. Hope to see you there.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Laters Server Rules!

Post by Hades » Tue 18.09.2007, 16:48

Well, after talking to a few people, I have decided to BAN all Pking on pwmangband.game-host.org... No pking at all. In result if somone does pk you they will find that there savefile has been modifyed or deleted, depending on what there actions call for.

I have decided to ban pking because of the new function added to PWMangband which allows you to see other players gear that is in your party. This can be abused in so many ways and when it comes to pking? It would be the best tool. So it is banned... Forever, no pking... At all. Thanks =).
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Laters Server Rules!

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 21.09.2007, 18:54

A few things here...
1) Spells do hurt other players... so people could get accidentally killed by spellcasters without it being PKing
2) You cannot throw items at clvl1 in PWMang... that eliminates a part of the cheezing
3) Afking in store is ok when I play... usually my char has the Teleport Away spell  :)