Latest news

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

Latest news

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 09.10.2007, 15:01

I corrected a few bugs the past days:
* corrected the issue with write_uint instead of write_int when dun_depth was saved for objects
* corrected the randart issue when the RNG was not properly restored
* artifacts were not properly reset when a player killed morgy and there was not enough space for those arts to be dropped on the floor - now the arts will simply vanish like they do when dropped in a house
* corrected the issue with m_ptr->cdis where the distance player <-> monster was not properly recalculated

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Latest news

Post by Hades » Wed 10.10.2007, 16:06

Oppps!!!! It seems the power went down at my house, and because I've been so busy I didn't sign on Mangband at all to see that PWMangband wasn't on. Somone turned on my box and forgot to tell me we lost power so I never suspected a thing... Hehe working on it now.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Wed 10.10.2007, 16:22

Power,
   With the server updates you sent me, they are not working with the current server savefile. The Server won't even turn on. But once I remove the server savefile, it works again. Any suggestions or tricks you forgot to tell me =).
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Wed 10.10.2007, 20:49

Check your server save - perhaps it was being written to while the power went out and your box went down (this has happened to me in the past).

The end of the server save file should finish off with a

</mangband_server_save>

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Thu 11.10.2007, 14:47

Fink was right, I salvaged what I could out of it, I got mostly everything, but houses and stores, so I was able to take a few day older server savefile and I took the missing peices from there so you didn't loose everything. Sorry guys my house loseing power was way out of my hands =(.

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Thu 11.10.2007, 21:16

You might have reset a flavor seed (which is no big deal), and you may end up with players whose IDs dont show up in the save file. Look through the end of the server save and check for player id's - you may realize you are missing some etc. This can cause minor annoyances when people reuse names sometimes, but itsnt too critical, I think.

That is, you will notice that you have player saves (which contain a player ID number) that dont show up in the server save (near the end). Like I said, I dont *think* this mismatch will lead to anything critical, but I do think its a good idea to try to add in player id enties into the server save to match up to the player saves. This can be a bit of repetative work, so it can help to clean out useless character saves that may be laying around (like one-shot connected/disconnected player saves, etc etc). These you can just delete, instead of worrying about giving them an id in the server save.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 12.10.2007, 17:19

Two small bug fixes again:
* piercing shots were not working because missile path was never extended past the first target
* exploding shots were still causing exploding damage even after the spell effect ended

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 15.10.2007, 12:51

And another small update:
* mages now get "Detect Ways" (magic mapping spell) in Kelek's instead of the useless "Detect Evil" spell
* wraithed players cannot pass any of the permawalls anymore (mainly shop and house walls)

serina
Crystal Ooze

Post by serina » Tue 16.10.2007, 17:29

And I thought detect evil was the only way of detecting either Great crystal drakes, Death drakes or Drolems... Can't remember which one isn't detected by the other detects. I'm unsure tho if any.

Serina

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Tue 16.10.2007, 17:54

Detect invisible / rods of detection is the combo I'm using for everything. Detection rod will show the drolems and such and  detect invisible will show the Quylthulgs etc.
-- Mangband Project Team Member

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 19.10.2007, 12:24

More bugfixes/changes:
* min base price for items sold in BM decreased from 100 to 25 to allow items like first archer/rogue books again
* players are now teleported 1 space away when leaving a store
* fixed a bug in do_scroll_life() and do_restoreXP_other() which prevented resurrecting ghosts/restoring stats/ restoring XP in some cases
* fixed the speed/burden issue in player_death() when items were not dropped because of lack of floor space
* fixed a bug in do_cmd_wield() which made total_weight decrease when equipping missiles

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Fri 19.10.2007, 23:26

PW, just to verify, is your code set up to allow an ironman mode of your variant?

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Fri 19.10.2007, 23:28

It is setup to allow ironman on his varient, its an option in the cfg file.  Just have to set it from false, to true.