PWMAngband 1.1.5 is out!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: PWMAngband 1.1.5 is out!

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 08.12.2010, 22:08

New PWMAngband 1.1.5 build 5 released!

Bugfixes + last features from Angband 3.1.2

Alignments with Angband 3.x:
- Fix some item flag learning code (Angband 3.1.2)
- Increase variability of gold drops without changing average (Angband 3.1.2)
- Add IDENT_FIRED for missile weapons (Angband 3.1.2)
- Deep descent always teleports down 2 floors regardless of current depth (Angband 3.1.2)
- Disturb on open, close, bash, disarm and tunnel commands when there's nothing to act upon (Angband 3.1.2)
- Make wands/rods of lightning bolt always beam (Angband 3.1.2)
- Auto-repeat the search command (Angband 3.1.2)
- Print no message for squelched items dropped under foot (Angband 3.1.2)
- Correct origin text for chest items (Angband 3.1.2)
- Gold generation issue (Angband 3.1.2)
- Notice artifacts on pickup (Angband 3.1.2)
- Fix object.txt colors on gloves and shields (Angband 3.1.2)
- Replace all occurences of "lite" and "hilite" by "light" and "highlight" (Angband 3.1.2)
- Allow squelch-all to squelch items that haven't been sensed but are known not to be artifacts (Angband 3.1.2)
- Rename "Find Hidden Traps/Doors" to "Find Traps, Doors & Stairs" (Angband 3.1.2)
- Un-ID'd rods & wands now say "It can be aimed" in item description (Angband 3.1.2)
- Fix unarmed attacks not teaching attack bonuses (Angband 3.1.2)
- Potion of Life should repair CON before HP (Angband 3.2.0)

Other changes:
- Damaged items with a penalty to hit/dam/ac but a positive value can now be sold in shops as long as they are not cursed
- Fixed some idiotic copy/paste errors in random artifact generation
- No more than +2 extra attacks on randart gloves
- Add a limit for randart to-hit/to-dam
- Give BRAND_POIS to potions of poison
- Correct origin text for items in stores/player shops: add depth of store; only set origin when purchasing an item
- Set origin to "purchased from a player" for items purchased from the floor

Files updated: client, server, lib, source code.
Files are available for download at the usual location. Don't forget to update both clients and servers...

Note about the new patch: it is compatible with build 4, so please don't erase the character savefiles ;-)

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Thu 09.12.2010, 16:53

Updated. Wyrmband.ath.cx
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Ardor
Giant Gnat

To Zaxx

Post by Ardor » Sat 11.12.2010, 09:46

Zaxx,
Did you ever think of making PWMAngband a turn based, single player game like Angband? I don't know what would go into making the change, but in a world were the only PWM1.1.5 on the metaserver is constantly erasing the save files, everyone plays on there own anyway.
I don't mean to give you another 12 months of work, but you game is superior to Angband and MAngband; and if people have to play on there own it may as well be turn based.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 13.12.2010, 14:23

Simple response here... I don't have time to do that ;)

Concerning the PWMAng server, let's hope the server savefile won't be erased again (makes houses useless, since the contents are saved in server savefile).

Concerning future developments, I'm currently adding the last features for 1.1.6, which will require another full reset... unfortunately. After that, considering that it's based on V3.1.2 and that's the last stable version, PWMAng should be put to standby until V3.2 is released, played, tested, bug fixed and considered stable. Should mean that you will be able to play PWMAng 1.1.6 for a long time on a permanent server. In the meantime, use PWMAng 1.1.5 to test races and classes. That's what I will do on wyrmband, since I didn't really have time to test stuff like Elementalists (or Necromancers/Telepaths/Monks at high level).

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 16.12.2010, 14:00

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 31.12.2010, 17:14

And re-shit :(

http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=3972

1.1.6 is not released... and it's already obsolete :(