PWMAngband 1.1.5 is out!

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
Ace
Crystal Ooze

Re: PWMAngband 1.1.5 is out!

Post by Ace » Fri 26.11.2010, 03:10

hms is the site down atm - i cannot connect to it. I will try later again and post.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 03.12.2010, 16:39

New PWMAngband 1.1.5 build 4 released!

Minor release, mainly bugfixes. The main change is the port of V3.1.2 mana costs for mage offensive spells, extended to all similar spellcasters (sorcerors, necromancers, elementalists): mana cost has been reduced by 30 to 50%, so go play a spellcaster!

Alignments with Angband 3.x:
- Move artifact generation to the alloc_prob method (Angband 3.1.2): note that this will make the most powerful artifacts more common (Ringil, One Ring...) as minimum allocation probability is 1 (rarity 100 in the old system)
- Set depths and commonness of randarts according to power (Angband 3.1.2): implemented, using PWMAngband's system (rarities based on value)
- Make randart activations slightly more appropriate (Angband 3.1.2)
- Town should not interrupt level feelings (Angband 3.1.2)
- Mage spell efficiency (Angband 3.1.2): make spells more efficient by reducing mana costs of mage spells (and similar spellcasters in PWMAngband)
- Boost device damage for high device skill (Angband 3.1.2)
- object.txt should accept random values (Angband 3.1.2)
- A better fix for the lite_room bug (Angband 3.1.2)
- Always display pval on launchers for display consistency (Angband 3.1.2)
- Some jewelry doesn't auto-id properly (Angband 3.1.2)
- Stacked rods recharge faster on the ground (Angband 3.1.2)
- Detect invisible should detect normal monsters too (Angband 3.1.2)
- Minimise usage of standard string functions (Angband 3.1.2): replace sprintf by strnfmt, strcpy and strncpy by my_strcpy
- General store too restrictive in buying habits (Angband 3.1.2): items sold to the General Store should not disappear instantly
- pval not visible on jewelry with non-random pval (Angband 3.1.2)

Other changes:
- Spell levels for archers have been greatly increased
- Fix level feeling not generated if a player enters a static level
- Fix description of items affecting searching skill
- Fix curses on rings and amulets
- New artifact Dragon Scale Mails (all "good" kinds should have a corresponding artifact now)
- Move rod activation timeout from object "pval" to object "timeout" for consistency
- Allow '*' in partial names when selecting an item/ego by name
- Fix price of missiles (a stack of 20 enchanted/branded missiles should have the same value as a weapon with the same enchants/brands)
- Fix miscalculation of dead players' expiration date
- Make character list transfer more robust

Files updated: client, server, lib, source code.
Files are available for download at the usual location. Don't forget to update both clients and servers...

Note about the new patch: it is compatible with build 3, so please don't erase the character savefiles ;-)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 03.12.2010, 16:45

And I'm almost done with the port of V3.1.2 changesets from the Trac database... This means there should not be many patches for 1.1.5 left before I add the last features from V3.1.2 I've left aside for 1.1.5 (mainly the quiver system) and release a 1.1.6 beta.

Emulord
King Vampire

Post by Emulord » Sat 04.12.2010, 03:06

The most powerful artifacts should not be made more likely! I've seen schroeder scum for the one ring or PDSM, and it doesnt take too long at all. You just need stacks of enlightens and staircreation/alter reality/?tele level and destruction. Then you 'L'ook all over the map for yellow =s or purple ]s.

I've been saying that the weaker arts should be made less likely even. You can get tired of seeing a crapdagger over and over.

Ardor
Giant Gnat

Post by Ardor » Sun 05.12.2010, 09:10

I don't know if you you read my thread, but I can't drop stuff in my houses and now in build 4 i can't even open my house's door.

Ardor
Giant Gnat

Post by Ardor » Sun 05.12.2010, 19:22

Also, why is the sound config file configured to no sound? All the file paths are blank.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 06.12.2010, 14:05

Emulord wrote:The most powerful artifacts should not be made more likely! I've seen schroeder scum for the one ring or PDSM, and it doesnt take too long at all. You just need stacks of enlightens and staircreation/alter reality/?tele level and destruction. Then you 'L'ook all over the map for yellow =s or purple ]s.

I've been saying that the weaker arts should be made less likely even. You can get tired of seeing a crapdagger over and over.
The most powerful artifacts are not more common... they are just more common than in build 3!
Check your artifact.txt from MAngband... the rarity of the One Ring is 100. So basically, build 4 has the same rarity as MAngband.
Concerning the crap daggers and crap artifacts, the rarity in PWMAngband is based on value rather than being fixed. Check artifact.txt again. Most artifacts with low rarities in MAngband have much higher rarities in PWMAngband, so you don't find the same crap over and over. Plus you get randarts in PWMAngband. Plus you can sell the crap arts in shops, so you won't see them ever again with your character!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 06.12.2010, 14:10

Ardor wrote:Also, why is the sound config file configured to no sound? All the file paths are blank.
No sound is the default. If you want sound, get the sound fx patch here: http://www.humyo.fr/FMyXqZf/PWMAngband_ ... nZLnLx0850 (click on the image or on the left button)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 06.12.2010, 14:12

Ardor wrote:I don't know if you you read my thread, but I can't drop stuff in my houses and now in build 4 i can't even open my house's door.
You can't open your house door? Are you playing a shapechanger with a form that has no OPEN_DOOR flag?
If you can't drop an item in a house, that's because you're nort allowed to. Check the corresponding thread.

Ardor
Giant Gnat

Post by Ardor » Mon 06.12.2010, 20:38

Zaxx wrote:
Ardor wrote:I don't know if you you read my thread, but I can't drop stuff in my houses and now in build 4 i can't even open my house's door.
You can't open your house door? Are you playing a shapechanger with a form that has no OPEN_DOOR flag?
If you can't drop an item in a house, that's because you're nort allowed to. Check the corresponding thread.
It was just an Unbeliever character who can't get in.

Ardor
Giant Gnat

Post by Ardor » Tue 07.12.2010, 04:58

Hey, why is the sound config file have every file path empty in build 4?

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 07.12.2010, 14:14

Check 3 replies earlier ;)

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Tue 07.12.2010, 16:36

Hey Powerwyrm, may you send me a message notifying me of new updates so I can promptly update the server? =), make things easier cause I don't visit the forums often but I always check my e-mail, which notify me if I get a message. Thanks!
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Ardor
Giant Gnat

Post by Ardor » Tue 07.12.2010, 20:33

Zaxx wrote:Check 3 replies earlier ;)
Umm, oops. I thought I already said that.

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 08.12.2010, 16:31

Zaxx wrote:And I'm almost done with the port of V3.1.2 changesets from the Trac database... This means there should not be many patches for 1.1.5 left before I add the last features from V3.1.2 I've left aside for 1.1.5 (mainly the quiver system) and release a 1.1.6 beta.
Port of V3.1.2 changesets is now complete. Expect a new 1.1.5 release today, which will be the final 1.1.5 release unless severe bugs are found while playing.

Features from V3.1.2 still to implement are:
- Power-based pricing for wearable/wieldable items (PWMAngband still uses the old system with fixed value boosts for abilities)
- Set depths and commonness of randarts according to power (PWMAngband uses rarities based on value)
- NPP quiver slot (currently, PWMAngband has a single-item quiver slot, and it's quite limited; the NPP system enhances the quiver slot by expanding it to a multiple-item slot)
- Interactive targeting (PWMAngband still uses the old system; MAngband has implemented that for 1.2; V enhances the system with target-closest command, improved targeting usability and a new command to fire against nearest enemy with default ammo)
- Port UnAngband's color code (use more than 16 colors for display; currently, no WIN port is available in V, which means I'll have to implement it...)

For 1.1.6, I'll plan to add the quiver slot feature. Power-base pricing won't be probably implemented because the current system is quite balanced. I should implement interactive targeting as it also fixes bugs with floor targeting... but this is a massive change and will require a lot of testing and adapting. For the rest, I'll see when I have time...