Merry Xmas, happy new year... and some news

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

Merry Xmas, happy new year... and some news

Post by PowerWyrm » Mon 27.12.2010, 14:30

Sorry... no PWMAngband release this christmas.

During the past week, I've implemented the NPP quiver slot. Five slots are now reserved for ammo in the equipment list and substracted from the available inventory slots. But the most important change was to add a canvas for item piles! The current code is now a complete mess and will require a lot of testing and fixing to make it work with real time and multiplayer... The third thing I plan to add before thinking of a new release is the interactive targeting system. This feature is almost required to wrap up the item pile system... and it should fix a few targeting bugs too.

One last thing... I replaced some of the links for the downloads (some files are now zipped with 7Zip instead of WinZip). The 115 files can be found here: http://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr/

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Re: Merry Xmas, happy new year... and some news

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 04.01.2011, 18:30

The current code compiles again and I fixed the obvious crashes introduced by my recent changes. This means I have a 1.1.6 alpha available. Before the usual beta release, I just need to implement the interactive targeting system. This should be done pretty soon, so expect a new release by the end of the week!

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Wed 26.01.2011, 12:02

Everything is done now. Due to the malicious attack on mangband.org, I decided to postpone the release of 116 until the forums were restored, which they are now. New release should be out tomorrow!

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Post by Hades » Wed 26.01.2011, 16:28

Sadly, my motherboard in my computer crapped out, I had to RMA it for a new one. It's taken several weeks, which is why the server was randomly down. So I apologize for any inconvenience.
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!