New beta release

Issues, news, and discussion specific to the PWMangband variant.
PowerWyrm
Balrog

New beta release

Post by PowerWyrm » Thu 10.11.2011, 18:54

New PWMAngband 1.1.8 beta released!

Check readme.txt for the HUGE list of changes...

Files updated: client, server and lib files (source code will be updated once the non-beta version gets released).
Files are available for download at the usual location: http://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr

Wow this has been a long time... I'd say 50% of the base code has been rewritten to port all the new features and refactorings from V. Expect a lot of bugs and crashes! ;)

Ace
Crystal Ooze

Re: New beta release

Post by Ace » Thu 10.11.2011, 20:25

Greaaaat once back home (currently travelling) i will check it out ;)

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 18.11.2011, 19:08

PWMAngband 1.1.8 beta release updated!

Fixed a couple bugs and continued updating the docs. Unfortunately, I had to add a new field in the savefile, so the update is not compatible with the first beta release from last week.

FOR PEOPLE HAVING DOWNLOADED THE BETA CLIENT AND/OR SERVER, PLEASE REDOWNLOAD!!! Playing with the old beta client on new beta server (and vice versa) will irremediably crash the server.

Files updated: client, server and lib files (source code will be updated once the non-beta version gets released).
Files are available for download at the usual location: http://powerwyrm.monsite-orange.fr

This will be probably the last beta release until a major stopper shows up. Nothing much left to do until I can make a proper 1.1.8 build 1 release:
- finally update the docs
- rework knowledge menus and the "master_visuals" command to display symbols in graphics mode
- check that no player messages are added between monster messages
- remove extra "Illegal aim direction" messages

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Tue 22.11.2011, 20:42

The bad news: I've found a critical memory access bug in the current code... this means that I had to remove the 1.1.8 beta files from my website to avoid endless crashes from beta servers.
The good news: I have finished reworking the knowledge menus... so the non-beta 1.1.8 release is around the corner. Expect a full release this weekend (or the next weekend if I can't complete everything in the next 3 days).

PowerWyrm
Balrog

Post by PowerWyrm » Fri 25.11.2011, 12:11

Work on 1.1.8 is now done. Expect a release tonight or tomorrow.