Moving Day

Official MAngband News Annoucements
Crimson
King Lich

Moving Day

Post by Crimson » Tue 27.11.2007, 08:32

On Tuesday, December 5th, 2007, MAngband begins a new era.

Finally admitting both to myself and the community that I simply no longer have the time to properly support the game,
I have delegated control and stewardship of it to a much more dedicated team of people, who have already started making
massive advances towards getting us up and running on 1.0 stable, as well as a much more structured development cycle.

I have been honored to have sat in stewardship of the game for these many years, and I deeply appreciate both the trust,
patience, and support I have received from the community at large during this time.

I will, of course, continue to participate in the game, and look forward to talking, and playing with the group.

Sincerely,

Robert L. Seifer

--Crimson
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Hades
Giant Mottled Ant Lion

Re: Moving Day

Post by Hades » Tue 27.11.2007, 11:06

It's been an honor to all of us Crimson, we hope to see you around from time to time. Damn life and its time consuming attributes!

And you had to make it December 5th eh? My birthday, you officially made my birthday a sad day thanks! =P
PWMAngband Host - Check out http://www.mangband.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9 and download the client, server, lib files, sound fx patch and even the source code for this new variant!

Warrior
Evil Iggy

Post by Warrior » Tue 27.11.2007, 11:11

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have invested in the game and in the community.

When Alex handed over maintainership to you I felt very confident things would be all right, you had the resources and the experience and more importantly you also had the right vision for the game, I never had to worry that we would drift away from what MAngband was intended to be - a Multiplayer Angband variant. And you didn't let me down!

Looking forward to see you in the game and as part of the community for the next 10 years, the first 10 was good :)

- Warrior
-- Mangband Project Team Member

Fink
Ancient MultiHued Dragon

Post by Fink » Tue 27.11.2007, 21:10

What a ride!

I still remember the first time I "talked" to Crimson:

I discovered, not long after I started playing, that there was mention of an IRC channel that used to be going on. So, I rolled over to an efnet server, and joined #mangband. There was just some dude named "kismet" there. I said "hi," and just left my IRC client connected.

Probably four to six weeks later, I suddenly noticed the window flashing. He spoke! "Ah, didn't realize I still had an irc client running." And that was it for another few months :P

I doff my hat to you Crim! It won't be the same without you, but I know youll keep tabs on us. You pulled us to the decade mark, and got us sorted for a decade to come. Excelsior, capitan!

Crimson
King Lich

Post by Crimson » Wed 28.11.2007, 06:10

Yes, Yes, already working on my change-request list for the team... :)
Are you not entertained?
Is this not what you came here for?

-- Maximus Decimus Meridias, The Gladiator

Narchan
Giant Spotted Rat

Post by Narchan » Wed 28.11.2007, 21:42

Hey, Crimson, thanks for the time you've put into MAngband over the last few years.  I, like all the other MAngband players, appreciate the work you put into MAngband.
#############
ZZZZZZZZ@ZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
#############

uh oh

Billsey
King Vampire

Post by Billsey » Thu 29.11.2007, 00:56

I took a little time out of Mangband, and missed the first seven or eight years of your rule. I'm sure glad you kept your eye on the compass and your hand on the wheel, because when I dropped back by things were still on course! I really like the changes you've put into 1.0 so far, and look forward to seeing what happens as time goes by.

Best regards,
Bill Seymour
Mangband Project Team Member

Berendol
Evil Iggy

Post by Berendol » Thu 29.11.2007, 11:57

Hey Crimson. Thanks for providing a stable, working game/web/meta-server for us all these years, even through all the relocations and service problems.
By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property. (Voltaire)